My 03 Cobra is for sale

nsreed

Established Member
This really kills me but I have to sell my 03 Cobra. Let me first say and I can NOT emphasise this enough. There is NOTHING wrong with my car. That is NOT why I am selling it. I am a 48 year old, avid car collector. A very fussy owner that takes flawless care of his vehicles from every day driver to collector car.
I ordered my Zinc Yellow Cobra coupe in Febuary and took delivery on 6/17/02. The car is and has been flawless. Has never seen rain, and I have had NONE of the nagging problems I read about on this forum. No viberations, bad cats, bad gas, no pulling etc. It is perfect in every way. I was there when it came off the truck and nobody but me has driven it. I have had back to the dealer once. At 500 miles for an oil change, and two warranty issues. The leather steering wheel had a small chip in it when it came off the truck and it had a loose clamp on the exhaust that had to be tightened. I would be happy to provide you the service records to prove there are no issues or put you in contact with my dealer who knows me well.
I enjoy working on my cars and have added the improvements that most all you cobra owners are doing. So that is done and I have all receipts and original items. Sure, I like the power and acceleration but that doesn't mean in any way I beat on the car. In fact, it has never even had the rear tires spun. Little nibs still there etc. You CAN drive one of these and enjoy it without abusing the car.
My reasons for selling the car is due to unexpected health care costs for my mother. She has advanced Alzheimers and her care costs exceed $5000 a month not covered by any insurance or Medicare. I also have a mint original 20,000 documented miles 1970 Dodge Challenger T/A. 340-6pak car from California that will also have to be sold. This one kills me even more then the Cobra to sell. But they are toys and my Mom's care is first and foremost.
My car is better then the day it was delivered. I paid msrp + tax and of course the added items. So I have over $37K in it. It has 900 miles on it. I have all kinds of extra paperwork for it, two window stickers, build sheets, all the Cobra literature that has been printed etc.
I am looking for REASONABLE offrers on the car. Why wait when you can have a pristine car now.
Email me at: [email protected] and we can talk. Thank you
NSR

BrianR

Mild Mannered
Established Member
Sorry to hear about your problems with your mothers health. My mother passed away a couple of years ago after a year long battle with cancer, it's a very tough situation to deal with.

What are you asking for the Challenger?

Brian

Sonic03

Alaskan Assasin
Established Member
Sorry to hear your news, have you put the car on E-bay, it will get good exposure there.... hope everything turns out for the best...I know there is waiting lists all over the U.S. for these cars, you should have no problem finding her a new home, good luck..

Jim Vaccaro

Established Member
Sorry about your situation..
I had same situation with mother in law..We got an elder care lawyer and after 3 months we got help..

Jim V.

nsreed

Established Member
Just want to say thank you!

It just goes to show you the quality of people that are car lovers. I have received many emails of support and help suggestions on my mothers care. I want to thank all of you for taking time to write me! Again, I am open to offers on the Cobra. Not a fun thing to have to do, but life isn't a game either!
Best regards,
Ned Reed

f4sfed

Established Member
Sorry to hear about the health of your mother. My Grandma had Alzheimers. Godspeed to you and yours.

black03SVT

Established Member
Sorry to hear about the health of your mother and sorry to hear that you have to sell your 03.

Good Luck

Gabe

svt-tmleader

Established Member
Your a good man, taking care of your mom like that. I hope you get every penny that you are asking for both cars. If you were here in FL, I could prolly help sell it, but I know no one in MI.

Good Luck!
Barry

CobraCraig

Established Member
Ned,
Sorry to hear about your situation and that you have to sell your Snake. I will send your information to some of my friends in my Mustang club that are in the market for a 03 Cobra.

Good Luck
Craig

Users who are viewing this thread