MY 03 Cobra came in W/ problems(long)

YOUL LUZ

Established Member
Well I ordered my 03 Cobra from Green Valley Ford in Fairfield CA the first week of February so it has been 5 months. It finally arrived yesterday (6/25/02) and I was called to see it come off the truck.. It arrived with 3.1 miles on it. No visible signs of hot rodding the car, as I looked it over well.. I was allowed to go on the PDI drive w/ the tech as I wanted to make sure he didn’t beat on it at all.. When we got back it had 4.2 miles on it.. During the drive I noticed that the car made a bad noise.. It wasn’t the supercharger, it sounded like an exhaust leak.. Before signing the papers I asked to drive it myself.. Within the first 50 feet it was apparent that it was indeed an exhaust leak.. So off to the tech department to see what the problem.. Look's like from the factory a silicon hose that goes from the EGR tube the EGR control box on the intake was left off. This was kind of disturbing to me. All I could think of was if they left off a little hose, maybe they left off more important things like driveshaft bolts, ETC. Well it turned out to be a simple fix and I was back to test driving it in an hour.. Went about 100 feet down the road and the hose that was installed blew off.. Not good. Now I was thinking there is some restriction in the exhaust that is causing A LOT of back pressure and making that hose blow off. No one listened.. Instead I had to leave the car over night and in the morning he was going to reinstall the hose and hose clamp it .. This is not needed from the factory so it bothered me that we had to do it this way.. I let it go and came back in the morning. This drive I thought was going to go well.. Not so .. 100 feet down the road it popped off AGAIN.. At this point I was done with the car.. I told my salesman that I have a very bad feeling and I would not be buying this or any other car.. HE told me he understood and He would get me a refund on all the money I put down. When giving me a check for the amount he said he would give a call when it was fixed just to make sure I still did not want it .. I told him not to bother because at this point the car is a Lemon to me.. Well on the way home he gave me a call and told me that the problem was found and that the exhaust would have to be replaced.. The cat’s were loading up and not passing through the exhaust. All in All I am very disappointed with Ford.. Faulty exhaust and missing parts on what should be your Flagship car? I could understand this for a $14,000 fox body or something along those lines, But a $35,000 Cobra? No thanks. IM sure this will make no difference as the car will sell in a few days to someone else, but it sure mean's a lot to me All the guys who are getting the first run 03’s are in a for a big gamble.. Good luck to all of you, I’ve never been lucky at gambles…

verbs

Banned
:( Good like finding another.....

That's gotta be painful because I know you were so looking forward to owning that car. :(

Matt03

Established Member
I just found out what is wrong with my 03. I took it to the dealer yesterday and they said that they would try to get to it. Well they looked at it today and yesterday and told me today that they couldn't figure out the problem. I asked him today if he had checked the cats like i told him to do yesterady, he said no. I said like i told you yesterday some of these cars came from the factory with bad gas. He just said he would call when it was finished. Well i was very angry when i got home a gave the owner of the dealership a call an told him that i wanted some action now. About an hour later i got a call from one of the service guys and he told me that he had to order new cats and replace the spark plugs. I wish they would have just listen to me in the first place!

TIAMAT

Established Member
I have the same bad feeling about my Mach1 i ordered. I know i will not have it for a long time but it seems ford is having alot of problems with it seems everything. I have a 01L that was just modded by JDM so i'm happy with what i have. I want a Mach real bad but if i get rid of my badass truck for a lemon, i will be upset.:eek:

Users who are viewing this thread