My 00 GT vs Ram SRT 10

LAcop124

Established Member
i lost this race ill say that up front but....I was on my way home this morning. I'm not sure why but i was kind lookin to play around. As i made my way i ran into an older mustang maybe 94-95 and an older BMW M3. Both seemed like they wanted to play but instead of backing off and letting traffic get away so we could line up and play they started jumping lanes and flying through traffic. Well considering what i do for a living i'm not gonna endanger the public so i didn't give chase i just let em go. i was kind of dissappointed as i made my way home. when low and behold i realize a nice lookin clean black srt 10 reg cab pulls by me kind of fast. so i catch up to him without driving like an idiot. as i get up next to him, he takes off, i mean i wasn't even out of overdrive yet. i tried to quickly down shift and keep up but it was too late. i mean no honks no nothing. so i caught up to him a minute later and got away from traffic, he moved over and waited for me to pull up next to him. i down shifted to 3rd. we were goin bout 70. he didnt honk but we both punched at the exact same time so it was clean. he started pullin on me ever so slightly. we got up to about 110 and shut it down. the side of his rear bumper was even with the side of my front bumper when we shut down. i thought he would have stomped me. we pulled up next each other at the next light and he asked me wut i had done. he told me that he couldn't believe i stayed with him and that he should have bought a mustang instead.

GT40TH

Established Member
nice run i ran one a couple of months back and i pulled him a car length from a 1st gear roll.

LAcop124

Established Member
i have CAI, throttle body, intake plenum bassani xpipe no cats right now. i was really surprised at how i stayed right on him, so was he. in my living room is 4 10 gears, full slp exhaust, jlt CAI, sct tuner, and a b&m short throw shifter. im having it all put in this weekend. id like to see what my car can do with these mods. thanx for all kind words guys.

TORNATIC!!

Established Member
Was it a quad cab or regular?? The quad cab SRT-10 is an auto and much heavier than the single cab. People in the quad cab struggle to get out of the 14's at the track:nonono: I can see ya hanging with a quad cab from a roll no problem.

evo connevo

Established Member
I'm thinking it was the quad cab. The singles have pulled 105+ traps while the quads were around 100-102 I believe.

SVTman75

My wallet hates me!
Established Member
I have seen the reg cabs trap around 107. Just trying hard to believe that a mustang w/ a CAI, plenum, TB and x-pipe/catback kept up w/ a truck that traps that high. Reguardless, a kill is a kill....or "keep up"

LAcop124

Established Member
it was a regular cab and it was bone stock he said. my car runs really strong. hey you can believe what you want but the way i told it is how it happend. maybe i was a better driver. he pulled on me but not as bad as i would have thought. i also forgot to mention that i have a king cobra clutch don't know if that would make much of a difference. the 2nd run was clean and even he was caught off guard a little by how well i hung with em.

Users who are viewing this thread