MW Car Show

mach14604

Established Member
I would like to see MW increase the number of cars allowed to be judged at the car show. I think you loose profit when you limit the number of cars that would like to be in the show. If you are having trouble with judging look to the Mustang Club of America or clubs that have held large shows to take some of the load off.

Presteige

Established Member
Thoes guys do work really hard with mustang week and the cars are limited because of the space... agreed that they could get help to take a load off but at the same time the last two years I spoke to people there and they did not even want to be in the show.... The parked in the surrounding parking lots to show off there cars, have fun, and enjoy the enviorment. If you are having trouble with being able to show your car in the show... be early..... if not just hang out with us. :beer: personally I like to be in the hooter girl show than the MW actual show :banana:

Keep it fun not difficult :coolman: see you there

Rodcobra

Established Member
Well we will have about 600 mustangs out there on Friday and about 260 to 270 of those are judged ,and the rest display only . It takes ALOT OF TIME to do it right and we are always being fussed at for not doing it right ,BECAUSE you know everyone's car is the best .
It's also a one day show ,to do more it would have to be a two day show . We may add a few more cars next year . Sorry ,but we can not make everyone happy .
We really want people to come to MW and enjoy the event as a whole ,not just the carshow . :banana:

Kingfish

Established Member
After reading your post on another topic why would you even want to be in this show ?
Seems you think its unfair.

Last edited:

GeoSnake

Mustang Week Staff
Established Member
I would like to see MW increase the number of cars allowed to be judged at the car show. I think you loose profit when you limit the number of cars that would like to be in the show. If you are having trouble with judging look to the Mustang Club of America or clubs that have held large shows to take some of the load off.

Several years ago we tried talking with the MCA National Show Director (lived near some of us) and basically let MCA take over running the show as a large regional or national event. MCA didn't want it.

Believe us when we say that every single avenue/idea you have thought of has been discussed in our monthly meetings time and time again. We just want folks to have fun and enjoy themselves.

The most important thing to remember is that space in Myrtle Beach is a premium. Increasing the number of judged cars will then limit the amount of display cars during the show with the area we have. We have looked at every venue you can imagine and are using the best venue we can at this time.

Please understand that your opinion is valued and will be taken to heart. But like Rodney said, we have reallized that it is very hard to make everyone happy, but we do the best we can to try.

Sinultros

Unnaturally Aspirated
Established Member
me personally, I just enjoy hanging out and seeing other ppl's rides. The awards and trophies and all the bs that comes with it are just an afterthought for me.

Presteige

Established Member
agreed ^ all the events are great and you guy do a great job handling it. People who want to be in the show know about it and should be early to register. This event is talked about a year in advance.

Stripe Delete

Crazy SVT Poser
Established Member
1. ?. are there "display only" spots left?
2. Any other way to reserve w/o pay pal?

I like the show/vendors right in the middle of things. :thumbsup:

Rodcobra

Established Member
At this point ,you can show up at the show and still get a display spot ,but you need to be there when we open the flood gates ,LOL :banana:

cobra_4

#PITS
Established Member
At this point ,you can show up at the show and still get a display spot ,but you need to be there when we open the flood gates ,LOL :banana:

That is a good way to describe it! Im sure that has to be the hardest two or three hours of the week for you all.

Users who are viewing this thread