Mustangs or Viper?

99BOSS

Established Member
Im kicking around the idea of selling my Cobra and Saleen to buy my buddies 2010 Viper coupe. Ive always liked Mustangs but I feel like Ive outgrown them somewhat. I'll never buy another new one. Im also liking the idea of having 1 car at my house instead of keeping up with insurance and work on 2 cars. I also would like to experience a true sports car instead of a muscle car and the Viper is blue with white stripes by the way. Now I love my stangs and wanted a S351 for 10 yrs before I found this one. So fellow SVTP'ers, what do you think??

MrCaliKrome

Established Member
The hardcore people that think you have to stick to one car brand/model are silly and super boring. :kaboom:

Life is short, better get to work on your bucket list ASAP! :burnout:

If you said you wanted to sell your Stangs for a mini van, then I'd say you a crazy.

But selling your Stangs for a Viper, sounds like a dream come true to me :beer:

kaz109

Established Member
Do you have any seat time with vipers? That might change your mind of saying you only want one car. I could never only want to own 1 car but if I did it definitely would not be a viper

speedhunter1117

Established Member
I'm not an active poster on here, but this caught my attention. I just drove a 2006 Viper the other day, a Copper Coupe, not a convertible. It was fun, and got a lot of attention, although I'm not sure I want the flashy head turning of a viper. I'm also not sure of modifications to one, and what cost will be. All the cobras I have owned have been 600+ rwhp, and I dont know what's available for a viper.

It's a fun car, I just wouldn't be satisfied with it stock for long.

Best of Luck

flS/R

Established Member
i would enjoy driving a viper but would not enjoy having to fix it when the time comes and it being my only car

99BOSS

Established Member
When I said my only car, I meant 1 fun car. I still have my truck for daily duty. Im talking about selling 2 mustangs to get 1 viper. My buddy said I can drive it any time to try it out. Yeah you can mod a Viper but its expensive for what you gain. But a 2010 stock makes like 560 or so rwhp so thats quite a bit stock. You can do exhaust and tune to get close to 600 rwhp N/A.

flS/R

Established Member
well if you have another vehicle to use then I would do it

kaz109

Established Member
If that's what you want and can afford it then go for it. No reason not too

Mr. Mach-ete

Liberals Suck
Established Member
Wait to see what the high end 2015 Stang is going to be before committing to the Viper, then make your move.

Kiohtee

Established Member
Given SVTP's weird fascination for Vipers I'm probably alone in saying this, but no no and no to a Viper. Of any year, trim, etc. For whatever reason Vipers don't appeal to me like it does the vast majority of SVTP.

Now that's not to say they're not fast, but I don't know. For the money I'd rather have a C6 Z06 or something along those lines. Anything but a Viper for me. :shrug:

nofire

Sooner#65
Established Member
If you want the Viper, get the Viper. I'd make sure and test drive it first, though. The last thing you want to do is commit to a car like that and end up not liking it.

Relaxed Chaos

Just another Gen X Hero
Established Member
Premium Member
The viper will turn heads, no doubt. If that's what you want, then get it. Beware it is a brute force instrument, lacking any finess. If you want a true sports car experience then get a Cayman. The Cayman is a real driver's car.

Last edited:

Camaro_94

Brown Recluse Slayer
Established Member
Given SVTP's weird fascination for Vipers I'm probably alone in saying this, but no no and no to a Viper. Of any year, trim, etc. For whatever reason Vipers don't appeal to me like it does the vast majority of SVTP.

Now that's not to say they're not fast, but I don't know. For the money I'd rather have a C6 Z06 or something along those lines. Anything but a Viper for me. :shrug:

Word.

vortecd

Established Member
I was going to do the same about 10 years ago. Sell both my summer Mustangs and buy a GTS. A buddy of mine bought a '97 GTS and never talked about buying one before I sold my cars. I rode around in his a few times and got it out of my system of wanted one. It a great car but the attention isn't my thing. Way too much attention. Everything for the car is expensive also. He put a Roe supercharger on it and it has run 10.4@134

vortecd

Established Member

The weird fascination I have seen on here has been with the corvette. Reading your first sentence I had a feeling that it would end there

Users who are viewing this thread