Mustangs and Legends Airshow

=04 Cobra Nut=

Crazy Construction Guy
Established Member
Anybody else make it to the Mustangs and Legends Airshow in Columbus, Oh this past weekend? Talk about a fun time. I took my son who is 13, and we spent the entire day Saturday doing nothing but drooling over P-51 Mustangs, B-25's, B-17's, P-40's, P-38's!

I'll post up some of the 600+ pics I took in a little bit. It was an awesome sight to see with almost 100 of the remaining 150 airworthy P-51's in existence in attendance.

For those who love the WWII piston engined planes it was a day of pure enjoyment.

Gotta run, at work! I'll get the pics up later today.

Dave

=04 Cobra Nut=

Crazy Construction Guy
Established Member
Sorry it took me so long to get some pics up. I got busy as a one legged man in a butt kicking contest at work. Here are a couple of pics:

MustangsLegendsAirshowPics186.jpg

MustangsLegendsAirshowPics177.jpg

MustangsLegendsAirshowPics176.jpg

MustangsLegendsAirshowPics158.jpg

MustangsLegendsAirshowPics154.jpg

MustangsLegendsAirshowPics138.jpg

I've got about 650 pics from the airshow. I can post more if there is any interest.

Dave

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
Oh I'd loooove to see more!

If you host them somewhere in an account; please PM/post the link if you don't want to post them all here.

!!!PainTrain!!!

Mattis for POTUS
Established Member
+1, post all of the pics you want. The P-51 is one of the sexiest airplanes ever to be made. A close second is the SR-71 IMO. I love air shows, I feel as if I am stepping back in time when I attend one of them, they just don't make them like they used too. I always used to go to the airshow at Andrews Airforce Base, good times for everyone. Thanks for the post.

Yellow4.6

Established Member
I was there on Saturday as well, it was a great show! I also took alot of pics and vids of the P-51's and the F-22 Raptor.

Jack Roush's P-51 was there as well.

=04 Cobra Nut=

Crazy Construction Guy
Established Member
Yea it was an awesome show. I'll get these pics hosted somewhere in the next day or two. I'll tell you, the sound of a P-51 pulling out of a powered dive is enough to give me wood! The sound is awesome, and the fact that these planes are 60+ years is even more example of how good they are/were!

I did see on youtube that someone has posted some of the acrobatics. I'll put some more up here tomorrow morning. I've got them all on my work computer scrolling as my screensaver!

Dave

!!!PainTrain!!!

Mattis for POTUS
Established Member
Thanks for additional pics. They are just so pretty. And all of them seem to be in absolute prestine condition.

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225
Established Member
awesome bird! i got to go for a ride in one like 15 years ago at a airshow. it was a very rare trainer version that had a jump seat in the back with flight controls and guages, etc. i had to wear a parachute and the pilot told me that if we had any problems that i should aim for the wing when i jump out. we did a aileron roll and buzzed the desert floor about 50 feet above deck for 5 miles or so at a speed of 345 mph. i was gettin really high off all the fumes from the 120 octane leaded military av-gas that they were burnin in that thing.

=04 Cobra Nut=

Crazy Construction Guy
Established Member
Yes I did see several of the trainer versions there as well. I don't know if they had full controls in the rear seat or not, but that would be one ride I would not pass up. I would hazard a guess that every one of those awesome warbirds has gone through at least one complete rebuild. I did see in some of the literature I picked up that there is a place you can go to get seat time in one of these two seaters, down in FL I think.

Might have to make it a point of taking a trip down to Tampa in the next year!

I'll link up my album on photobucket when I get a minute, you can browse the entire day!

Dave

camaross0002

Established Member
I actually was at the show the entire weekend my company ended up with the fueling contract for all the hundred octane if you saw any of the 3 bp fuel trucks running around trying not to run the spectators over I was probably in one of them. It was a great experience a few of the pilots and owners I talked to said this was the biggest turnout ever and a few won't be returning because of the difficulty of trying to come to this event. it was 113 p -51s out of 156 known flight worthy ones that were there. I have to say out of all the planes there the coolest people I had to deal with were the owners of the quicksilver and the all black lancaster I hope to get the chance to do another show like that.

2tonOfun

Established Member
Thanks for posting the pics.
So, those shots of the guns, is that in the wing of the P-51? I've never seen that. Very cool!
That plane is SOOO clean!

I was out surfing one day last month and I heard that distinct sound and sure enough, a P51 came flying by maybe 50 feet off the water. Made my day.

How about a P-38 pic? I love those things

!!!PainTrain!!!

Mattis for POTUS
Established Member
Yes, the p-51's had six Browning .50 Cals in them. Three in each wing. Pretty impressive and from what I have heard, they were a very stable gun platform.

Users who are viewing this thread