Mustang week tickets

i want boost

Established Member
From what the cop told me, basically everyone that got pulled at MW got a careless and reckless. Tho my ticket on says reckless, if there is a difference Idk... I can't wait for lawyer letters(sorry)... what the chance of us with a clean record getting it reduced? What kinda cost? And chNce of lawyer being able to represent? Thanks, and sorry Mother post may appear, internet scrapped out earlier.

silver03svt

Official Snowflake Melting Machine
Established Member
Most of what you are asking will depend on the actual driving behavior that you were stopped for, AND how the courts will handle it. Use the internet to search for attorneys in Myrtle Beach and call a few for their advice.

Blackness03

Established Member
They will give you a ticket for ANYTHING down there. It's all about the money. Notice where the cops were sitting on 17 during the show? Wayyy down the road where nobody could see them when you pull out. I feel like if they are REALLY concerned about safety, they would put a car up front and nobody would do anything at all. But they sat far down and just waited to give people tickets

Anyway, get a good local lawyer. It depends on what you were doing to get that ticket.

musclefan21

Established Member
I don't blame the cops pulling over and ticketing everyone because of a few idiots that raced up and down in those crowded streets and crashing into other cars.

08mojo

Established Member
I don't blame the cops pulling over and ticketing everyone because of a few idiots that raced up and down in those crowded streets and crashing into other cars.

What? So because a few, as you say, were idiots, everyone is guilty and should be handed a ticket that is completely up to a cop's discretion? I hope this is not the attitude of the LEO's out there serving the public.

kcsvt94l

1D 10 T Error
Established Member
LEO job is not to serve and protect in present day 2014. It's to do exactly what acronym says. Enforce the law, that's it nothing more. Don't blame the individual officer, he's just doing his job. This isn't to say that there aren't any hero's out there who have saved lives, because their certainly is. It's the simple facts that, these types of things are becoming harder to do, due in major part to the under staffing, low wages, and what their individual "Brass" wants them to be doing. To a degree the cards are very much stacked against you as an LEO.

If you want to "SAVE LIVES" you should become a Fire Fighter/EMT a lot of people transition from LEO to Fire Fighting because of , better pay, better unions, better reward, often times less risk. Very uncommon to see people go the other way around.

musclefan21

Established Member
What? So because a few, as you say, were idiots, everyone is guilty and should be handed a ticket that is completely up to a cop's discretion? I hope this is not the attitude of the LEO's out there serving the public.

Discretion goes out the window when in an event when a few goes out and puts bunch of innocent people in danger like that. so if you get stopped for acting up in that event, even st the slightest and cops hammer you for it and not use their discretion, I dont blame them for a bit.

Last edited:

08mojo

Established Member
Discretion goes out the window when in an event when a few goes out and puts bunch of innocent people in danger like that. so if you get stopped for acting up in that event, even st the slightest and cops hammer you for it and not use their discretion, I dont blame them for a bit.

I think I misinterpreted your comment. I agree every single one of those fools doing burnouts, stopping traffic, showing-off should be ticketed. I took your comment the extreme and thought you were okay with everyone at the event being ticketed--acting up or not. My fault!

musclefan21

Established Member
I think I misinterpreted your comment. I agree every single one of those fools doing burnouts, stopping traffic, showing-off should be ticketed. I took your comment the extreme and thought you were okay with everyone at the event being ticketed--acting up or not. My fault!

:beer:

sav03cobra

Established Member

I still think I'd have a couple of Go Pros on just incase. I wouldnt want to be incriminated just for nothing, I'd want hard proof.

Shelbysteve

Established Member
You need to contact a lawyer and fight that. A reckless is just as bad as a drag racing ticket, reckless is a mandatory court date as well, you can't just pay it. I'm not sure of laws in SC, but here in michigan, reckless is 6 points, careless is 3 and drag racing is 6.

If you have a good record and a great attorney who is a respected "traffic" attorney in the MB area, he will get that amended to a lesser charge. My guess would be at best " impeding traffic" at worst case, careless.

A good attorney for reckless due to points and risk of losing your license, will cost you 1500 to 2000.

Google search " best traffic lawyer in MB SC .

Good luck. I've been down this road before.

svtshadow

Banned
I was once cited for aggressive and reckless. They dropped reckless and awarded me aggressive. I did not have a lawyer, I just dragged my case through the court system. The court of common pleas judge told me its easy to drop reckless than aggressive. Might get careless.

mgmustang1

Established Member
The question is, did you do anything to get a ticket or did he randomly just pick you to ticket?

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
A lot of states have laws against this now since it is a very common way to initiate a street race. comes under the "exhibition of speed" statutes (usually)

I talked to a few people and they said a they were ticketed for "racing their engines."

JohnnyRocket4v

Established Member
People need to boycott it like the blood bikers did.. Now look they have black bike week and let's just say they got more problems that week than there whole year combined. If people stop going everyone suffers.

Users who are viewing this thread