Mustang week--things to bring for road trip?

Mpoitrast87

Established Member
All right guys, I figured there would be a thread on this or if there is, im special and can't find it. But for those of us driving far distances to mustang week, what do you pack for emergency side of the road repairs?

Im driving from Massachusetts.

i plan on bringing an electric tire inflator and tire plug kit for nails.
portable craftsman tool kit.
zip ties.
duck tape.
electrical tape.
jack.
Blower belt.

is it necessary to bring an alternator and Frps? Or anyone have things that thy feel is a must to bring?

derklug

Seriously? No, never.
Established Member
Premium Member
Credit card, smaller than all of that other junk, and more useful.

To be honest, you should have a basic toolkit, and belts.

Mpoitrast87

Established Member
Credit card, smaller than all of that other junk, and more useful.

To be honest, you should have a basic toolkit, and belts.

I'm extremely cheap when it comes to money. so If I can prevent being towed or having to have a shop fix the car I'm going to do it. Years ago I rear ended a car in my 97 cobra and the bags deployed. I drove that car 10 miles home cause I wasn't paying for a tow.

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Updated insurance card, AAA tow card, box of tissue for the tears as Mustangs attack mobs of people. hehehehehehe

03' White Snake

Established Member
I always bring a few FRPS with me. I've helped out other cobra owners numerous times with them. The heat makes cars act funny, most of the issues I've ever had with my car were down at Mustang Week.

I drove my car down for many years from Mass also. I now trailer to my buddies house in NC and drive the car the rest of the way. I always bring a tool set, low pro jack, extra belt, FRPS, extra qt oil.

It is smart to go top to bottom through the car and check everything. Check your brake pad life, check all the bolts on your pullies, alternator, brakes, lugs, axles, blower oil, check intercooler pump is working, change the oil, charge the a/c, ect. You can never be too prepared. It is 880 miles each way from Mass, so be prepared to put over 2k miles on the car in a week.

See you down there.

Last edited:

03' White Snake

Established Member
Things to bring in general, cooler, EZ-UP for some shade, folding chair, and sunblock, lots of sunblock, and beer money.

Mpoitrast87

Established Member
I always bring a few FRPS with me. I've helped out other cobra owners numerous times with them. The heat makes cars act funny, most of the issues I've ever had with my car were down at Mustang Week.

I drove my car down for many years from Mass also. I now trailer to my buddies house in NC and drive the car the rest of the way. I always bring a tool set, low pro jack, extra belt, FRPS, extra qt oil.

It is smart to go top to bottom through the car and check everything. Check your brake pad life, check all the bolts on your pullies, alternator, brakes, lugs, axles, blower oil, check intercooler pump is working, change the oil, charge the a/c, ect. You can never be too prepared. It is 880 miles each way from Mass, so be prepared to put over 2k miles on the car in a week.

See you down there.

exactly what im going to do. I drove down last year with my coyote car and it was new enough that I wasn't to worried. But in this I feel anything can happen.

Users who are viewing this thread