mustang week pics

RIO RED SNAKE

4:10's = The Suck
Established Member
maybe i jumped the gun not knowing your situation.i know what it was,and wondered why the hell someone would leave the navi intake on.was not knocking the workmanship.just the bigass truck intake,shitty air intake setup.just threw me off.the way you talk about it,im sure it will be awesome next year.i didnt realize there was such a long waiting list on the 4v adapter plates.

there was a boss intake 5.4 swap on site.
IMG_2765.jpg

i think the guy selling the ford gt blower and intake on the navi shortblock had the sullivan lower for $900.00. not sure if that was a good price or what.

and i already get enough compliments on my bodykit and wheels.sucks being different huh.im tired of the replica stuff seems like everywhere you go it looks like a 03 cobra convention,and there is usually only 2 authentic cobras in the crowd.so i went a different route

Nah its fine, i drove it all the way from CT and it made it minus breaking a clutch cable down at S.C., but a long wait on the adapter plates, my 20 year old college kid budget and thats all i could do...i knew it wasnt the prettiest but i also couldnt go shopping for a $200 cold air set up..just didn't have the money, and yes i saw that car, would LOVE that set up but it is $2500-3000 new/used and i would rather go and buy/sell a mustang for $3g than buy a intake for my car at this stage in my life...

There also was a 5.4 New Edge i belive it was a 99 cobra (red?) with a Navi 5.4 and the adapters and 99/01 upper, it looked damn good...i will go that route with a turbo/pro charger hopefully over the winter...but again not a big deal just it was all i had:(

Its no cookie cutter car, but its creative and least he had the balls to bring the car finished or not, howd your car do in the burnout contest... oh wait :poke:

Haha Thanks, again made a 13hr trip 1 one way twice..score 1 for reliablility..lol
I got 3rd in the burnout contest (idk if that poke was for me or not)

RIO RED SNAKE

Established Member
Dude stfu .sure I jumped the gun in his build.doesn't mean I don't respect the time and effort he put into it.did I make a ass out of myself by posting it on here? Sure. Do I care? No. do I care what some limp dick typing on his keyboard has to say? **** no.

Fact of the matter is I posted it he read it you read it.sure my assumption and perception of the car was wrong. I am man enough to admit it,and say it. nobody is perfect.

Thanks dude i appreciate it..again not a big deal..i ragged on your body kit only in defense of my obnoxious intake lol...so stab fo rstab but again not a biggie, i used to watch the vids of yours on youtube of the start up vids..i wanted a L set up but got talked out of it..but again no worries man.

the12fast4u

Established Member
Nah its fine, i drove it all the way from CT and it made it minus breaking a clutch cable down at S.C., but a long wait on the adapter plates, my 20 year old college kid budget and thats all i could do...i knew it wasnt the prettiest but i also couldnt go shopping for a $200 cold air set up..just didn't have the money, and yes i saw that car, would LOVE that set up but it is $2500-3000 new/used and i would rather go and buy/sell a mustang for $3g than buy a intake for my car at this stage in my life...

There also was a 5.4 New Edge i belive it was a 99 cobra (red?) with a Navi 5.4 and the adapters and 99/01 upper, it looked damn good...i will go that route with a turbo/pro charger hopefully over the winter...but again not a big deal just it was all i had:(

Haha Thanks, again made a 13hr trip 1 one way twice..score 1 for reliablility..lol
I got 3rd in the burnout contest (idk if that poke was for me or not)
well im sorry for insulting your ride man.it takes a lot of dedication to pull all that off ,then make a 13 hour trip.im on a budget to it sucks at times.i can totally respect the built not bought brand.yep the other 5.4 car was red.and congrats on the burn out contest.

Thanks dude i appreciate it..again not a big deal..i ragged on your body kit only in defense of my obnoxious intake lol...so stab fo rstab but again not a biggie, i used to watch the vids of yours on youtube of the start up vids..i wanted a L set up but got talked out of it..but again no worries man.
its cool no worries.i catch hell for it all the time lol. the sad thing is those videos where right before the dyno.had it dynoed and drove it 60 miles and then it broke 7 rods.i have been redoing the whole car. built motor,return style fuel system.for the last 3 years.i thought i was going to be ready for stang week this year but didnt quite make it.im ready for next year already! lol

Last edited:

RIO RED SNAKE

Established Member
wow that sucks..sorry that happened, glad you are going to be ready for next year..im sure you saw the guy with the cammed L swap in his 03 red gt..that car was bad ass...but goodluck with it man! hope it works out for you this year..

the12fast4u

Established Member
wow that sucks..sorry that happened, glad you are going to be ready for next year..im sure you saw the guy with the cammed L swap in his 03 red gt..that car was bad ass...but goodluck with it man! hope it works out for you this year..
yea still trying to recover from that lol no i didnt get to see it.i saw the purple one ride thru but never got to see either of them.the cog belt setup on the purple one sounded wicked!
what about the burgundy s197 with the monster cowl hood? i only saw it driving around.it had one nasty chop to it!!you know anything about it? sounded like a pushrod to me
1445.jpg

almost done,then fresh paint
078-2.jpg

Nice pics! Love the high resolution ones!

Last edited:

RIO RED SNAKE

Established Member
wow that engine bay looks awesome..coming along nicely..and i have no idea, he never popped his hood..it still sounded 3v ish so i think it was a 3v with full bolt ons and definately cams...they had some serious lope to it..he idled that car for about 3 hrs on the show day..

the12fast4u

Established Member
wow that engine bay looks awesome..coming along nicely..and i have no idea, he never popped his hood..it still sounded 3v ish so i think it was a 3v with full bolt ons and definately cams...they had some serious lope to it..he idled that car for about 3 hrs on the show day..
thanks,he was riding around in the parking lot,i never got to see under the hood.i swear it has that pushrod "chirp" kind of sound.its kind of hard to describe,but i have heard that sound plenty of times at the dragstrip.i could be very wrong!but i swear he has a pushrod in it.i am so curious to know!

bleedingfordblu

Established Member
^^^ Yea that is my car...so thanks for the Fail post...i blew up my 4.6 with the Kenne Bell, i got this for a little over 1k dollars cheaper than a 4.6 DOHC replacement would have costed me with 80k on it..its a DOHC 5.4 out of a lincoln navigator with 50k..the intake adapter plates have over a 4 week waiting list hence why i just got it together the day before and was able to make it to mustang week with the car...sorry its not a perfect whippled 5.4 gt500 swap with ccws and a perfect yet unrealistic stance...

P.S nice body kit and wheels on your car...:poke:

Also just want to add..i got more looks (positive or negative) than just about any other car there...sucks being different huh

:lol1:

damn thats awesome

Users who are viewing this thread