Mustang week *live* 2011

redrockett

Established Member
We got here about 5:00 yesterday. Road work in Asheboro NC put us an hour behind schedule. We noticed a few large flocks of F-bodies running around. We talked to one of then and turns out that F-body week was Thurs, Fri, & Saturday, so we have a little bit of overlap thay made things a bit interesting on the strip last night lol

They have 220 down to 1 lane. If you know anything about the area you can get off 220 and take business 220 to bypass the road work. They run parallel to each other. If you have already made it down you should be ok going North unless they move to that side this week.

91svtcoupe

TTop SVT Coupe
Established Member
They have 220 down to 1 lane. If you know anything about the area you can get off 220 and take business 220 to bypass the road work. They run parallel to each other. If you have already made it down you should be ok going North unless they move to that side this week.

I was thinking of going this way.......would you just avoid 220?

redrockett

Established Member
I was thinking of going this way.......would you just avoid 220?

I wouldn't avoid going 220. This morning both lanes were open. If you go that way and they are working you can get off at any exit from Randleman to Asheboro and cross back over 220 to get to business 220 (Main St in Randleman and Fayetville St in Asheboro). Go south on business 220 until you see hwy 220 again then get back on. Business 220 crosses back under hwy 220 after you go through Asheboro. This is a little slow but better than an hour delay. Like I said they were not working this morning so maybe when you come through they will not be. You can get a good idea from google maps what I am talking about. Can't wait to see that coupe!!

Last edited:

cobra_4

#PITS
Established Member
Not as many cars as usual at Hard Rock tonight but there is still way more cars in town at the motels and such than last year. Planet Hollywood should be off the hook tomorrow!

91svtcoupe

TTop SVT Coupe
Established Member
Not as many cars as usual at Hard Rock tonight but there is still way more cars in town at the motels and such than last year. Planet Hollywood should be off the hook tomorrow!

nice pictures.....I want to say I hate you......I think Im going to call in sick and come on down......lol

Can't wait for Tommorrows updates.....:banana:

Worse than Christmas...............:rockon:

cobra_4

#PITS
Established Member
nice pictures.....I want to say I hate you......I think Im going to call in sick and come on down......lol

Can't wait for Tommorrows updates.....:banana:

Worse than Christmas...............:rockon:

:rockon:

Oh by the way, there was seven t-top coupes down here, so many I didn't bother with pictures, might as well give yours to me.....

99BlownVert

Established Member
I was wondering if anyone remembered or knew about how fast you could get going on the speedway? I want to do it but if you can't get up pretty good I may not.

cobra_4

#PITS
Established Member
I was wondering if anyone remembered or knew about how fast you could get going on the speedway? I want to do it but if you can't get up pretty good I may not.

Really just depends on how fast your car accelerates and how good your brakes are to slow back down.

nckissfan

Nevermore
Established Member

when I ran, I never had a chance to look at the speedo. It was too much fun to worry about how fast I was going. It is a short track, so it feels faster than you are going.

Blackness03

Established Member
here is a short video i got last night at the burnout contest. not sure who it is but he did a good job

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Aw6x7uI61Y"]‪Mustang Week 2011- rollin' the smoke‬‏ - YouTube[/nomedia]

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread