• OK

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Bad

Votes: 4 44.4%

• Total voters

03venum

Never enough HP
Established Member
Who else noticed that the track prep was nearly not existent this year. Hell even most of the time the water boxes didn't even seem to have water in them. This year was one of the worst preps for the track. I have heard from a lot of people though that run at this track a good bit complain its like that year round unless there is a big race. Something about the new owners don't care as much about the prep as the old owners. In my group we either had slicks or drag radials and everyone was spinning or wheel hopping which none of us do at any of our local tracks. Maybe the mustang week staff could bring this up with the track owners.

sam92lx

SVTP Style Consultant.
Established Member
I really can't say bc I was in the stands till the day cooled off and then I wasn't able to make a pass b/c of the rain coming. From my point of view, 90% of the guys out there have no clue how to drag race. Most cars were on street tires which is the first problem, then you have guys doing a John Force burnout, the others that can't tell whether they are spinning or not..lol, and knowing how to stage!!!! What was enbarrsing is seeing the new 13 GT500 run high 12's. Even some of the x275 cars had trouble 60ft or so, could it have been better?? Yes

Last edited:

chrisheltra

Established Member
I really can't say bc I was in the stands till the day cooled off and then I wasn't able to make a pass b/c of the rain coming. From my point of view, 90% of the guys out there have no clue how to drag race. Most cars were on street tires which is the first problem, then you have guys doing a John Force burnout, the others that can't tell whether they are spinning or not..lol, and knowing how to stage!!!! What was enbarrsing is seeing the new 13 GT500 run high 12's. Even some of the x275 cars had trouble 60ft or so, could it have been better?? Yes

That is my buddies car. Calling him a novice would be a compliment. They changed drivers and ran a 12.2.

Between the ambient heat/humidity, track temps and abundance of street tires you can't expect any track to be perfect.

Last edited:

sam92lx

SVTP Style Consultant.
Established Member
That is my buddies car. Calling him a novice would be a compliment. They changed drivers and ran a 12.2.

Between the ambient heat/humidity, track temps and abundance of street tires you can't expect any track to be perfect.

Haha...I mean to say GT500's b/c everyone of them were having trouble. You had the Lightning on D-10's? I was my first time and thought the track event would have been better for Mustang week. I guess being a racer was really hoping to see more Mustang "race cars" but oh well it was drag racing none the less.

Last edited:

flyby763

Established Member
If it was actually a race for anything other than fun I could see them prepping it better. But being as thats all its for, I wouldnt expect much. I dont think many tracks around the country prep every test and tune night like its the NHRA.

03venum

Never enough HP
Established Member
I was just really disappointing because in years past with the exact same set up everyone I knew was getting great traction. And we didn't have to ask for water to be put in the water box every time. And they would take time every now and then to prep the starting line area and drag the track. The only time I saw them do this was when its started to rain.

DMassey

No Habla Jibber Jabber
Established Member
I've seen track prep there for Mustang Week's past been a bit better, but I've seen it worse too. My buddy pulled a 1.88 60' with his bone stock Boss 302 on factory tires. My other buddy pulled a 1.56 60' on drag radials with his nitrous 11 GT. Most people just need to learn throttle & clutch control on launch, instead of just blaming the track.

In my experience with 8 Mustang Weeks now... maybe 10% of the attendee's can DRIVE.

Last edited:

csvt98

Road Course Ringer
Established Member
haha guys for 60 percent of the cars there the track could have had no prep in it and be ok. Of course I've gotta pretty much stock 98gt with nitto 555's so I probly dont have the power anyway....

02bigblackL

Established Member
The left lane was far worse than the right lane. About 60 ft out it was dangerous for some of the high HP cars. I still had fun even if the clutch pedal stuck to the floor unless I was a grandma shifter. LOL.

Users who are viewing this thread