Mustang Week 2K17- Will you be there?

Kline12

Bagged and Terminated.
Established Member
I saw a thread this morning on a Facebook page regarding Mustang Week 2017 and it's attendance since the big date change. For those who may not be aware, Mustang Week will no longer take place during July, but instead Labor Day week in September.

Any long time Mustang Week goers unable to attend this year because of the change? Any one able to go this year that haven't been able to in the past? Do you think the attendance will be effected in a negative or positive way?

Many young folks (i.e college/high school students) as well as teachers, parents of students, etc. are upset over the change, since they won't be able to miss school to attend. They claim that the Mustang Week staff made the change to try and "weed out" the younger crowd. After seeing Mike Clay's response to all of the criticism, I believe 100% that this was not their intent. Mike has stated multiple times that the event needed a larger location, and September was really the only time they were able to reserve said location. I do believe that the side effect of this change will be a smaller crowd of younger people, but I do not believe this will hinder the events turnout. I also believe that maybe there will be a smaller police presence needed this year, and less reckless driving occurring. Each year it seems that the event is holding on by a thread because of the recklessness that occurs, and the City tries harder and harder to have the event removed.

Anyway, this has mostly been a rant, but I do want to hear about who will still be attending this year. I have never made it out to the SVTP meet over the years, but I would like to try and make it out this year. (Even though none of you know me lol.)

Kiohtee

Established Member
I'll be there! But regardless of the time of year it's always the same stay for me; the last Friday through Sunday, and only because my mother lives in Myrtle Beach. Lol

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
I went to MW2014. It was a'ight. I don't think I'll be attending again.

limitedex

Love me some SVT
Established Member
I would love to go, but:
A: It is far
B: My car will not see rain...

Mid-America Shelbyfest in Tulsa on the other hand, I'll be there!!!

Necrotizing

Established Member
I'll be there. I've discussed this date change with some people and we are all hoping that the "younger crowd" may be attending in less numbers. Unfortunately it's not just the younger crowd that act like idiots.

Stopsign32v

Established Member
Nope, would love to but Son will be in school. Wish they would do an early June or something.

Famine

Established Member
That and this will conflict with the sturgis mustang rally. I will still likely go this year however if i have the vacation time for it.

08mojo

Established Member
I'll be there. I've discussed this date change with some people and we are all hoping that the "younger crowd" may be attending in less numbers. Unfortunately it's not just the younger crowd that act like idiots.

"He too old, he too old" Cracks me up every time!

JZNYCRealEstate

Established Member
Anyone else concerned about getting rained out?? Forecast looks pretty glum.
bd640c949125524ecd61a82de348219d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Users who are viewing this thread