Mustang vs ...

MG0h3

Established Member
Awesome!

Is it the transmission or complete lack of sound deadening and I’m sure zero rubber bushings that create the whining/gear noise. Some of both?

Sounds like a damn Indy car. You must really be able to feel everything which I’m sure is exciting.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
which sure beats the alternative.

A 160k mistake lol.

That car is very fast and looks super stable. Interesting that it want to understeer in slow corners, that how my car drives as well and it does free up in the faster stuff.

Did the R do that same?

csvt98

Road Course Ringer
Established Member
Ben, again it was nice meeting you on saturday!

That car is a friggen beast. I was telling the corvette guys about it. Also, that blue ACR is Salomondrin's old car (some of you guys know who that is in youtube).
I was not happy he got rid of that car lol, I kind of stopped watching him after that.

Ben, that GT4 is nice and good driving! I need to get back on track soon.

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
Do you plan to race in the GT4 class? Or is this just a toy to have fun? Aaaand I hate you.

roy_1031

roy1031
Established Member
You should take the camera from the Prius google uses for making the maps.That big disco ball looking camera

That car sounds amazing! I wouldn’t ever get tired of that whine or the way it shifts. Great driving too, nice lines!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

SirShaun

Established Member
Sweet baby jesus, that thing moves. Any complaints? Anything you wish it did better?

Oversteer/Understeer?

Have you been uncomfortable in it yet? You looked very well composed, lets see that thing on the edge. Lets see it bouncing off the alligator strips, hot lap style. Lets gooooo. Send it.

Also do you keep lap records of all your cars? It'd be pretty cool to see a Top Gear style list of what you have accomplished in your cars. It'd be cool to see the differences between times, and not hero runs published by magazines.

Last edited:

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
Viper is a dumb shit he turns in way to hard that's why he was almost losing it, just a bad driver.
I asked a guy named darius if he was going to be there to bring out his ACR, he said he would try but didnt make it. He has the record there for street car thats modded at 1:38.3 (SpeedSF record). Would have been a cool race to watch him against Ben.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
I was not happy he got rid of that car lol, I kind of stopped watching him after that.

Alejandro isn't really a car guy. He's a car speculator. I unsubscribed from his channel after I got sick of him constantly flipping his cars for profit. That and because he pretty much looks down his nose on American cars and he's always on his hustle. Not that I fault anybody for getting their hustle on. I just don't like it when you're trying to hustle me and acting like you're not when I know you are. Know what I mean?

I remember the first time on track with a faster driver coming up on me, it turns you into a sloppy mess until you focus on racing the track not the cars

One of the first things I was taught was to always drive your line, not the guy's in front or behind. It seems like common sense, but it's easy to fall into that trap when you're concentrating more on "winning" than controlling your car.

treynor

Confirmed Power Junkie
Established Member
Premium Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
I asked a guy named darius if he was going to be there to bring out his ACR, he said he would try but didnt make it. He has the record there for street car thats modded at 1:38.3 (SpeedSF record). Would have been a cool race to watch him against Ben.
The SpeedSF guys said the record for their open class time was a 1:40.4, done by a Viper? I am confident I'll be in the :39s with a few more days in the GT4. If a Viper has really run a low 1:38 (which seems possible, the ACR is a great platform) that'll take some doing...

Also of note: the GT4 isn't a modded street car, so the comparison isn't really fair. My 488GT3 has about as much in common with its street car cousin as does my GT4, and I bet I'd run below 1:35 in the GT3.

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
The SpeedSF guys said the record for their open class time was a 1:40.4, done by a Viper? I am confident I'll be in the :39s with a few more days in the GT4. If a Viper has really run a low 1:38 (which seems possible, the ACR is a great platform) that'll take some doing...

Also of note: the GT4 isn't a modded street car, so the comparison isn't really fair. My 488GT3 has about as much in common with its street car cousin as does my GT4, and I bet I'd run below 1:35 in the GT3.
Yea he had the records last year, but their site isnt up to date yet. I follow both of you guys, I know both of yall have been racing that track for decades. Darius came from the stunt bike world and he has a video of him passing the field in a BMW S1000RR too.
I think once speedsf updates their site the 1:38 time will be posted.

I visited the speedsf once before, i thought the cars were separated by how many modifications have been done and a racecar class too. I guess the X class is open class where the racecars are there and so are the highly modified cars too.

Last edited:

treynor

Confirmed Power Junkie
Established Member
Premium Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Right, I was in the 'X' class. Because Racecar

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
... I know both of yall have been racing that track for decades. ...

How old/rich IS treynor?? haha Google's only been around for 19 years. It'll be 20 in September. (Hard to believe I've been using that search engine from its beginning; back when it was simple and gave you exactly what you were looking for with zero ads. Also back when How Stuff Works was at its best.)

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
How old/rich IS treynor?? haha Google's only been around for 19 years. It'll be 20 in September. (Hard to believe I've been using that search engine from its beginning; back when it was simple and gave you exactly what you were looking for with zero ads. Also back when How Stuff Works was at its best.)
I remember one of his young children holding up a handwritten note in front of his then brand new s600. I’m sure that child is in college or out by now.

Time flies....

Users who are viewing this thread