Mustang SVE 5 Lug Disc Brake Conversion: Part 2 – Rear Brakes

RedfireSVT

Established Member
timthumb.php

Mustang SVE 5 Lug Disc Brake Conversion: Part 2 – Rear Brakes

Alright guys, about two weeks ago i gave you Lee's Mustang SVE 5 Lug Disc Brake Conversion: Part 1 – Front Brakes. This week I have for you part two! Here is a quick summary of what is going on. Follow the hyper link back to the blog center and let me know what you think!

After wrapping up the front 5 lug conversion using the SVE 13″ Cobra brakes and SN-95 Spindles, we moved straight into the rear brake setup. This section of the install requires the most intensive labor – some modifications will be needed. During Part 2 you will be opening up the differential to remove the rear axles. This is a good opportunity to review some other preventative/predictive maintenance opportunities while you have the rear of the car in the air. If you have been thinking about adding rear end gears, fixing that failing axle seal, replacing those old axle bearings or leaky differential cover gasket, now is the time to do it! Don’t forget the other suspension upgrades such as rear control arms and shocks if they are due for an upgrade.

Users who are viewing this thread