Mustang shop

Scott A.

New Cobraholic
Established Member
Anyone have any good feed back from any shops around the Phoenix area? I need a clutch job and I will not take the Snake to some crappy shop that doesn't know/care what car I have. Preferably in the East Valley, let me know! Also, in the future I will have more things done to the car, so I need a good all-around shop too! Thanks

krazyazian

Established Member
Give Dean a call at SVC(480)998-8885. He's a bit pricey but like they say "you get what you pay for!" Work was done a year and a half ago and I've had no issues. That was on my Lightning and I'm gonna have him do the mods/tune on my Cobra also!

There's also a new shop that recently opened but I have no experience with them. Performance Solution (602)269-8955

Hope this helps!

Last edited:

Scott A.

New Cobraholic
Established Member
Funny you suggested SVC, and Dean in particular. I called them for a qoute on a clutch job, and we talked for a bit, very nice guy. How was the shop? Was it clean? Did all the guys there seem to be enthusists as well?

krazyazian

Established Member
They had alot of projects going on so the shop was alittle cluttered. What I liked was they kept calling me throughout the day keeping me updated and asking questions about my Lightning while they were tuning it! Any issues and I would know about it when it happened. I forgot the guy that does the tune but he's a real stickler on getting the tune right. Good place! Like I said earlier their alittle pricey but nothing dramatic! :beer:

trojan8022

I hate lug nuts & studs
Established Member
call performance solutions.. they do a good job.. they just rebuild my motor "302 stocker" in my cobra.. great work and people..

Contact info
Performance Solution
1434 North 26 Ave
Phoenix AZ 85009
Contact number
Main - (602) 269-8955
(602) 269-3766
Email - [email protected]

lucafu1

Established Member
just change it out your self. it can be done in a few hours. but if you insist on paying for it you have lots of options. i would stay away from AMP, good shops over there is SVC (expensive), AZdyno chip, and Performance solutions. Call dan at performance solution, its a new shop with a bunch of enthusist and termanator owners.

lucafu1

Established Member
this is the cliff notes.

pull the shifter out
pull the mid pipe off (sometimes you dont have to but its just easier)
pull the drve shaft out (12mm wrench)
disconnect all wires going to the tranny
remove the starter
remove all the bell housing bolts and 2 cover bolts (next to il pan)
remove the clutch cable from the fork
remove the tranny mount (use a jack)
pull the trans back and out
remove the clutch and TOB from input shaft
remove the flywheel if it needs to be turned or replaced
and then put it all together

i think i got everything but i may have missed something. its easy so dont get over whelmed.

trojan8022

I hate lug nuts & studs
Established Member
Its real not that hard to do.. hardest part is to take out the tran and put back in the tranny.. make sure you drain the tranny.. i forgot to when i did my car and yeah i had a lake on my floor frm the tranny oil.. other then that its not to hard

lucafu1

Established Member
trojan8022 said:
Its real not that hard to do.. hardest part is to take out the tran and put back in the tranny.. make sure you drain the tranny.. i forgot to when i did my car and yeah i had a lake on my floor frm the tranny oil.. other then that its not to hard

thats only if you tilt the end down. if you have to tilt the end down and dont wanna drain the tranny just slip the drive shaft in and youll be good

trojan8022

I hate lug nuts & studs
Established Member
never thought of that.. but my tranny came crashing down.. damn jack slipped.. o well not useing that tranny its just sitting in the store..

lucafu1

Established Member
i use modil 1 but you can use whatever your heart desires (sp)

anyway about the f/w i would get it resurfaced at a minimum but i replaced mine for the hell of it. i got a fidanza so all i have to fo is buy the plates and swap them out instead of buying a new f/w or resurfacing it. if you wanna save money get it turned and use it. as long as it has enought material left.

vicious781

Former Army Brat
Established Member
I would definately go with SVC. They changed my clutch about 2 months ago and no problems since. Excellent job, PLUS Dean called me about 2 weeks later just to check up and see how it was doing. TOP NOTCH work from a bunch of enthusists. Yeah, you could go somewhere else for a little cheaper, but you get what you pay for and SVC backs all their work. I go no where else!

Mean Green GT

Panama City Gang
Established Member
lucafu1 said:
this is the cliff notes.

pull the shifter out
pull the mid pipe off (sometimes you dont have to but its just easier)
pull the drve shaft out (12mm wrench)
disconnect all wires going to the tranny
remove the starter
remove all the bell housing bolts and 2 cover bolts (next to il pan)
remove the clutch cable from the fork
remove the tranny mount (use a jack)
pull the trans back and out
remove the clutch and TOB from input shaft
remove the flywheel if it needs to be turned or replaced
and then put it all together

i think i got everything but i may have missed something. its easy so dont get over whelmed.

I agree do it yourself. You save ALOT of money and it is so easy its stupid!

Users who are viewing this thread