MUSTANG SHELBY GT 500 JACKING AND LIFTING

pilote

Established Member
Bonjour,

Je voulais poser une question technique. Je viens de prendre possession de ma Shelby GT500 2013 et j'ai passé son technicien de contrôle Technique.Le a soulevé le véhicule avec un pont de levage et avant d'avoir placé des cales sur les K Membres au premier trou après les deux boulons situés en parallèle dans la zone prévue Pour le jack.
À votre avis, est-ce que AC a pu endommager tout?

Merci pour votre réponse

Olivier

dennisdiecast

Established Member
Hello Olivier, did you purposely write the post in french? lol. Je pense que ca devrait correcte, mais leve l'auto par le frame la prochaine fois.

pilote

Established Member
Oups
Hello,

I wanted to ask a technical question. I have just taken possession of my 2013 Shelby GT500 and spent his technical technician control. I lifted the vehicle with a hoist and before placing shims on the members into the first hole after the two bolts located in parallel in the area provided for the cylinder.
In your opinion, do AC do you plan everything?

thank you for your reply

Olivier

pilote

Established Member
I marked in yellow the location ...

Attachments

• Jacking and Lifting (1).pdf
    196.3 KB · Views: 153

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Do not jack from beneath the K-member. This has been discussed in the Cobra forums quite a bit. Stick to the factory recommended lift points such as those on the pinch rails.

RL1286

Established Member
Do not jack from beneath the K-member. This has been discussed in the Cobra forums quite a bit. Stick to the factory recommended lift points such as those on the pinch rails.
The pinch welds work the best and at our repair shop we made some small pieces of oak 2x4. Just use them against the grain to the pinch weld so they don't split. Just a little thing to keep everything nice.

pilote

Established Member
Ok thank you for your answers ... how to tell if something has been abyss?

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
Luckily for most of us, we get to sit back and watch the world burn while you have to decide when to pull the plug.

I'm enjoying it thus far.

Robot_trainer

Established Member
Sill works unless you have side splitters. If you do you'll have to get more creative. I typically roll the car up on ramps so I can get the jack into the sub-frame and then jack from there with a piece of 2 X 4 between the jack and the sub-frame

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Sill works unless you have side splitters. If you do you'll have to get more creative. I typically roll the car up on ramps so I can get the jack into the sub-frame and then jack from there with a piece of 2 X 4 between the jack and the sub-frame
I have a glass roof car and drag race, so I went with Stifflers' full length subframe connectors with jacking rails.
I know s197 is a stiff platform but they still made a noticeable difference and also make lifting the car very easy.
I also have splitters.
-J

Users who are viewing this thread