Mustang sales are down 45% and F-series falls to #5

RedFox

Established Member

R1Lello

Established Member
Well I didn't pay over but you're obviously still angry that didn't get one or can afford one by a post like that. Enjoy your bitter life........shame really

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
In this case, four fuel-efficient cars beat the F series: the Honda Civic and Accord along with the Toyota Corolla and Camry.

I would walk or ride a bike LONG before I'd drive any one of those rice burning shit boxes! :bash::loser::kaboom:

RedFox

Established Member
Not bitter. But sometimes people/companies get what they deserve...

Walked over to the Ford dealership a year ago and as I'm reading the window sticker, a slease ball salesman yells at me: "Make sure you add 30K to that price" and we need 10K up front to add your name to "The List".

Proceeded to the local BMW dealership and was treated with kit gloves and ordered the new M3.

The Ford dealership is now closed and was rented by the ever expanding Honda dealership which needed more space. :thumbsup:

We still have 3 Fords in our drive way but...

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Mustang sales are down 45%. Where are the suckers paying 30K over sticker now?

what in the world are you talking about??? those 30k over msrp sales had little to no effect on mustang sales past or present. i believe the term is statistically not significant! mustang sales are down because the v6 mustang is not selling as well!

three reasons why the base sales have fallen: end of a model cycle(new body is just around the corner), competition(camaro and challenger are almost here, i would challenge a lot of people want to campare each of them before they purchase), and gas!

the gt500 is still going for very close to msrp, meaning it is still selling very well. unlike the cheaper 03/04 svt which had to be discounted by ford!

take your crap elsewhere!!!!:idea:

cobramark

Established Member

Snagged

Shenanigans!!!
Established Member
It is no wonder with the friggin gas prices.

the gt500 is still going for very close to msrp, meaning it is still selling very well. unlike the cheaper 03/04 svt which had to be discounted by ford!

The reason for that is a simple one, the GT500 tapped into a much bigger market with far greater buying power than the market that favored the 03/04 Cobra. The "Baby Boomer's" wants and needs are major driving force in the US.

Us X and Yer's haven't yet got the large disposable income like the older folks do because we are not far enough along in our careers.

The X and Y generations, when compared to the "Baby Boomers," have different tastes in cars which explains quite a bit.

Last edited:

doublex

First Blown 'Stang
Established Member
So, by this logic... I should be able to get $20k off a new GT500 just because Mustang sales are down this month? Even though they are still way higher then they ever have been. Last I checked, more Mustangs have been sold each year since 2005 then ever before. :shrug:

It's also worth noting that the folks that paid over MSRP have been driving and enjoying the crap out of their cars while some have been sitting around being pissed they don't have one. Which, as was already stated...is sad

Interesting thing is that there are some dealers still asking over MSRP for GT500s. Not saying they will get it, but it sure doesn't seem that they are worried about a slump in V6 sales.

Meanwhile...I plan to enjoy my GT500...regardless of what anyone else pays for theirs... :beer:

Just my .02 though...

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
The reason for that is a simple one, the GT500 tapped into a much bigger market with far greater buying power than the market that favored the 03/04 Cobra. The "Baby Boomer's" wants and needs are major driving force in the US.

Us X and Yer's haven't yet got the large disposable income like the older folks do because we are not far enough along in our careers.

The X and Y generations, when compared to the "Baby Boomers," have different tastes in cars which explains quite a bit.

kudos to ford bout time they wised up!:beer:

skyhighsd

Established Member
I would walk or ride a bike LONG before I'd drive any one of those rice burning shit boxes! :bash::loser::kaboom:
+1,000,000

It is no wonder with the friggin gas prices.

Well I am not a "baby boomer" but I was more than willing to help out sales once I found one for sticker:thumbsup:

SlowSVT

Established Member
Man, Chrysler must be biting their nails with all the design, tooling and promotional investment related to the Challenger rollout. Same with the Camaro but not as much. Some people will buy them regardless but I think the production run if it happens at all will be short lived with far and few between. Out of all 3 of them GT500 is still the tits.

The Mustang has allways been good to Ford and thier owners.

burnzilla

Established Member
Times are changing.
Gas prices will be over 5.00 soon and you just might be walking or riding a bike.

Camry's and Civic's aren't sports cars. They are economy cars. They are made to last a long time and get good gas mileage. And they do a great job at it. I hate rice as much as anybody but if you use them for what they are made for, which is reliable gas-sipping transportation, then they are great little cars.

All truck sales have decreased as of late, and 4 banger sales have doubled.
Im looking for an older DD Honda so I can get 32mpg and put my money elsewhere besides petrol.

shelbypowered

Established Member
:shrug:
Mustang sales are down 45%. Where are the suckers paying 30K over sticker now?

May was the first month since 1991 that the Ford F-series pickup--the best-selling model in the U.S.--was outsold. In this case, four fuel-efficient cars beat the F series: the Honda Civic and Accord along with the Toyota Corolla and Camry.

http://www.autoweek.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080604/FREE/116731380/1528/newsletter01
notice- sell your muscle cars now and get in line for rice burner or better yet a bus pass- the end is near the sky is falling- save America buy a rice burner- It is all my fault for paying way over sticker for my gt 500 and I always fuel up in the dark for fear the rice burners will see me and call me bad names. I may have my car crushed and give the money to charity- Get off the doom and gloom and let us enjoy our cars- Let Ford run its own business and last but not least get a ------- life!

manOwar

Established Member
:shrug: notice- sell your muscle cars now and get in line for rice burner or better yet a bus pass- the end is near the sky is falling- save America buy a rice burner- It is all my fault for paying way over sticker for my gt 500 and I always fuel up in the dark for fear the rice burners will see me and call me bad names. I may have my car crushed and give the money to charity- Get off the doom and gloom and let us enjoy our cars- Let Ford run its own business and last but not least get a ------- life!

Yep, it's all your fault. You can afford to pay for a car you want while others can't buy gas for theirs, What were you thinking!! :shrug:

I bitch about the gas prices but the UK has been paying this price for a long time!! Who cares, if you want to play, you'll pay!!

Users who are viewing this thread