Mustang prices through the years.

yellow03cobra

Established Member
I don't care what anyone drives honestly, just me. But don't bitch about the value per dollar when it's certainly not there for a '10 GT500.
800HP sub $40,000 cars aren't a good value per $ ?

Attachments

• IMG_0143[4408].JPG
    IMG_0143[4408].JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 114

2000gt4.6

Established Member
Aside from the 01 premium GT's leather there is no plus to the 01 car versus the 15+. The base cars have powered seats, power locks/windows. They're not like base fox LX's.

There were plenty of options available in 01. My GT's sticker was right at 24,000 if I remember correctly with I believe every single option minus automatic transmission. Mach 360, spring package, premium wheels etc.

Point being, a fully loaded car in 00 corrected for inflation costs about what the starting point is on a modern premium. And it's easy to option a premium to well over 40k.

Kiohtee

Established Member
800HP sub $40,000 cars aren't a good value per $ ?

Did you buy it already modded to your "sub 800hp" or did you buy it for $32K and proceed to push it to "sub 800hp" yourself? Good deal (and a steal) if it was already there for $32K, otherwise your argument was just shot out the window.

Either way, fast car.

yellow03cobra

Established Member
everything I've done over the years is basically in the who's from iowa thread including this

Kiohtee

Established Member
I'm not pouring through a 300 page thread to answer my question when you could just as easily do it here. That alone probably answers my question.

Would you sell it right now for $38K?

Also, nice ZY Terminator. Don't see many of them.

Kiohtee

Established Member
But you're not answering my question. Lol

Did you or didn't you buy it at $32K with 750-800hp?

yellow03cobra

Established Member
But you're not answering my question. Lol

Did you or didn't you buy it at $32K with 750-800hp?
I bought a stock car for $32,000 from a ford dealer in texas. Just bought and installed the whipple that I got from lethal's tax day sale. I waited two months for the stupid thing.

Kiohtee

Established Member
10-4. Your argument is invalidated then. Lol

Still, nice car. Enjoy it and don't let others eat you up. This is just good old fashioned ribbing.

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
He's gotta justify his GT500 somehow man. Funny how he posts about free market yet paid a premium for a 2010 Mustang (the redheaded stepchild through every trim, if there ever was one), simply because the name "Shelby" is stuck on it at every turn.

I don't care what anyone drives honestly, just me. But don't bitch about the value per dollar when it's certainly not there for a '10 GT500.

Agreed.

There were plenty of options available in 01. My GT's sticker was right at 24,000 if I remember correctly with I believe every single option minus automatic transmission. Mach 360, spring package, premium wheels etc.

Point being, a fully loaded car in 00 corrected for inflation costs about what the starting point is on a modern premium. And it's easy to option a premium to well over 40k.

Ok. I had a Zinc yellow 01 premium GT coupe with manual trans. Bought new, I think sticker was $24.K. I paid a little less than that and got 0% for 60 at the time. It had black/dark grey leather, mach 460 and 6disc in dash. Bullit style rims on 245/45/17 Goodyears. It ran a best of 13.89 @ 100. I purchased a brand new 16 GT A6 in comp Orange for $29.xK, it stickered at $32ish. It has 18" wheels with Pirellis. I'm guessing by the size of the front calipers they're 6 piston?, but could only be 4 piston Brembos. Decent stock radio with a BACKUP CAMERA, disc, usb, and Bluetooth phone and streaming. Seats are cloth but do have every power position the 01 Premium had. And it's run a best of 12.36 @ 113 100% factory stock, with me a good 70 lbs heavier than when I went the blistering 13.89 in the 01 GT. So aside from the 01 Premium having leather it is behind in any tangible category. In fact I'd say the base car is a ****ing bargain if you can find the right deals.

yellow03cobra

Established Member
So aside from the 01 Premium having leather it is behind in any tangible category.
Different times. most of those features didn't exist/weren't need at the time and still aren't today. modern features for the car did exist at the time though like 6 disk cd changers. I honestly don't use most of that stuff currently. Is it comfortable/fun to drive with the price and appearance I want is all that matters to me.

Last edited:

BlueSnake01

Established Member
I'm not that old I don't remember it much below a dollar
I dont think im that old, im only 28 lol and I still remember my brother paying .60c~ a gallon to gas up his Foxbody 5.0. For Cali, that was a a lot lol I remember filling up my Cobra for $22~ every week and a half.
Different times. most of those features didn't exist/weren't need at the time and still aren't today. modern features for the car did exist at the time though like 6 disk cd changers. I honestly don't use most of that stuff currently. Is it comfortable/fun to drive with the price and appearance I want is all that matters to me.
Agreed. If a lot of features now existed back then, they would’ve charged a nice penny.

The whole what it cost then vs now really depends on your city and state. Still, pretty cool to see how pricing has changed in general.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
I've seen you say this before and still to this day just don't see it. It's bad enough the styling alone couldn't sell me on my '17, but now you have to compare it to a '71-72?! And I absolutely see 0% New Edge in our cars.

These things are basically Fusion coupes IMO.

You must not wash your own car. If you did, you'd be intimately familiar with the lines and details of it. Look at the mirrors (and their placement) of the '71/'72 and the S550. Look at the greenhouse of the '71/'72 and the S550. Look at the 3/4 view of the '71/'72 and the S550. If you've never owned a New Edge, these will be harder for you to see, but the structure of the tail lights of the New Edge and the S550 are similar. The headlights of the S550 resemble flattened and elongated New Edge lights.

I'm not saying the cars are carbon copies of one another. If that's the only way you can think about it, you must not have a eye for design or design evolution.

2000gt4.6

Established Member
Agreed.

Ok. I had a Zinc yellow 01 premium GT coupe with manual trans. Bought new, I think sticker was $24.K. I paid a little less than that and got 0% for 60 at the time. It had black/dark grey leather, mach 460 and 6disc in dash. Bullit style rims on 245/45/17 Goodyears. It ran a best of 13.89 @ 100. I purchased a brand new 16 GT A6 in comp Orange for $29.xK, it stickered at $32ish. It has 18" wheels with Pirellis. I'm guessing by the size of the front calipers they're 6 piston?, but could only be 4 piston Brembos. Decent stock radio with a BACKUP CAMERA, disc, usb, and Bluetooth phone and streaming. Seats are cloth but do have every power position the 01 Premium had. And it's run a best of 12.36 @ 113 100% factory stock, with me a good 70 lbs heavier than when I went the blistering 13.89 in the 01 GT. So aside from the 01 Premium having leather it is behind in any tangible category. In fact I'd say the base car is a ****ing bargain if you can find the right deals.

You are missing the point entirely. Of course a 17 car had more standard (and nicer) options than a 00... Just like the 00 has more and nicer standard options than a 83. This is always the case on cars 17 years apart.

There is no doubt a 17 is the superior car. Only a fool would pay the same for a 00 today as a 17 today. But this is always the case (within reason).

We are talking about inflation, and the current cost of comparable models from each year. You can't compare a fully loaded 00 to a base 17 for the purpose of seeing if it has outpaced inflation. You must compare base vs base or loaded vs loaded.

Reality is if you had 24k in year 2000 money you could buy a fully loaded 00 GT at the time. You cannot do the same with 24k of 2000 money for a fully loaded 17. The fact that the 17 has more standard options has nothing to do with it.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
... Only a fool would pay the same for a 00 today as a 17 today. ...

Maybe, but Cobros would pay the same or more for an '03/'04 Cobra as they would for an '07 - '12 GT500. A low mileage Mystichrome might fetch GT350R prices, including the markup!!

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
Reality is if you had 24k in year 2000 money you could buy a fully loaded 00 GT at the time. You cannot do the same with 24k of 2000 money for a fully loaded 17. The fact that the 17 has more standard options has nothing to do with it.

Actually you do have to look at everything the 15+ has over the 01 to compare pricing. It's not like the 15+ are rolling around with 260hp, solid axle, small 2 piston caliper brakes and T45/4R70 and the only difference is a new paint job/cosmetics. The base 15+ is more on par with an 01 Cobra than a GT, and it also superior to that vehicle. To do a fair inflation analysis you'd need to add the cost of IRS suspension, the bigger/better brake system, the engine, 6spd auto and 6spd manual. There have been so many upgrades to the 15+ over the new edge it is not a true dollar for dollar comparison.

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
You must not wash your own car. If you did, you'd be intimately familiar with the lines and details of it. Look at the mirrors (and their placement) of the '71/'72 and the S550. Look at the greenhouse of the '71/'72 and the S550. Look at the 3/4 view of the '71/'72 and the S550. If you've never owned a New Edge, these will be harder for you to see, but the structure of the tail lights of the New Edge and the S550 are similar. The headlights of the S550 resemble flattened and elongated New Edge lights.

I'm not saying the cars are carbon copies of one another. If that's the only way you can think about it, you must not have a eye for design or design evolution.

06264d2700b9ecaef0e748365fcb8827.jpg

Nope.

Users who are viewing this thread