Mustang prices through the years.

Kiohtee

Established Member
Wth, Inflation is a imaginary number in the first place. The cost isn't double but its more than this imaginary "6k adjusted for inflation". Salaries across the board haven't kept up with inflation over the years last time I checked. Maybe I need to check again.

No, they haven't. But they haven't held so steady that you can say the prices of cars have doubled either. This dude is just on something and/or angry.

Kiohtee

Established Member
Doesn't change the fact that it was. Mustangs also used to cost $3,xxx brand new. See how this works and why your logic is flawed?

yellow03cobra

Established Member
My logic isn't flawed I wouldn't buy stuff based on what I remember they used to be based on comparable values of today. See where your logic is flawed.

Kiohtee

Established Member
I really don't, and apparently nobody else sees your "logic" either. With that said, carry on. Lol

yellow03cobra

Established Member

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Geez lotta hostility over car models...... well, I guess i'll add some more:p

Based on those id say the 2014 was the LAST of the Mustangs..... 15+ jus no longer looks like a Mustang to me. :(

CAMARO: Looks like a modern day Camaro.
CHALLENGER: Looks like a modern day Challenger.
MUSTANG: Looks like a modern day Honda Accord....:rolleyes: (Esp if it has no wing)

You'll notice how the 2017 Porsche still looks like a Porsche. lets face it any manufacture can make their car look like it belongs in the Jetson's by rounding everything off. BFD!

I also have a 1987 Buick Grand National. Yep, its a box and about as aerodynamic as a brick BUT it has STYLE. U jus can't round shit off to change the design and ASSume its gonna look better smh.

And jus for the record I LOVE my Mustang! More so then any car I've ever owned and it absolutely Trump's:D the GN in every way BUT I can say every time I take my GN out I get at least 4-5 THUMBS UP'S!!!! every single time I take it out! I get a few with my Mustang of course but no where near as many as my GN and its an old 87 G-Body with subtle differences that still stand the test of time today 30 years later!

Sometimes curves should be left to strippers....:cool:

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
Based on those id say the 2014 was the LAST of the Mustangs..... 15+ jus no longer looks like a Mustang to me. :(

It looks like a mixture of the '71/'72 Mustang and the New Edge.

2000gt4.6

Established Member
2001 GT Coupe Deluxe - $22,730 ($31,265 adjusted for inflation)
2017 GT Fastback - $33,195 (bought mine for less than $32K)

Unless your pay hasn't pretty equally increased since 2001, you're paying marginally more for a much superior car. Not sure I follow your logic here.

But, to each his own!

Aren't you comparing a deluxe top of line 01 GT to a base modern GT?

It's easy to option a GT coupe way way up there, far more than 33k.

No doubt it's more car...but sperate any two mustangs by 17 years and that's pretty much true.

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
link seems to be about what I remember. I bought a 1999 v6 in the 17-18,000 range new. Then a 2001 gt for 22-24,000 range. I just can't bring myself to even consider buying a new 2017 mustang gt for nearly double the price.

Paid $29.xxx for a brand new 16 base Comp Orange GT auto. At the time Autonation was selling manuals for $28K. Looks like currently the least expensive manual 17 GT on the lot is $28.7K after discounts and rebates, the least expensive auto 17 GT is $29,128.

http://www.autonationfordkaty.com/n...0a0d0cc7038ee407cfbb6894.htm?searchDepth=5:93

http://www.autonationfordkaty.com/n...0a0d04fe09e0b20dee9e63c0.htm?searchDepth=4:82

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member

No doubt it's more car...but sperate any two mustangs by 17 years and that's pretty much true.

Aside from the 01 premium GT's leather there is no plus to the 01 car versus the 15+. The base cars have powered seats, power locks/windows. They're not like base fox LX's.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Aside from the 01 premium GT's leather there is no plus to the 01 car versus the 15+. The base cars have powered seats, power locks/windows. They're not like base fox LX's.
This.

Not to mention your chance of survival in a bad wreck is quite a bit better in the newer cars as well.

Kiohtee

Established Member

I don't know where you're getting that I'm comparing a top of the line '01 to a base model '17. The Deluxe is as basic a GT you can get, at least according to that link. The Premium would be the upper tier, which is also about $1,100 more (in 2001 money, just so there's no misconstruing).

Snagged

Shenanigans!!!
Established Member
Geez lotta hostility over car models...... well, I guess i'll add some more:p

CAMARO: Looks like a modern day Camaro.
CHALLENGER: Looks like a modern day Challenger.
MUSTANG: Looks like a modern day Honda Accord....:rolleyes: (Esp if it has no wing)

You'll notice how the 2017 Porsche still looks like a Porsche. lets face it any manufacture can make their car look like it belongs in the Jetson's by rounding everything off. BFD!

I also have a 1987 Buick Grand National. Yep, its a box and about as aerodynamic as a brick BUT it has STYLE. U jus can't round shit off to change the design and ASSume its gonna look better smh.

And jus for the record I LOVE my Mustang! More so then any car I've ever owned and it absolutely Trump's:D the GN in every way BUT I can say every time I take my GN out I get at least 4-5 THUMBS UP'S!!!! every single time I take it out! I get a few with my Mustang of course but no where near as many as my GN and its an old 87 G-Body with subtle differences that still stand the test of time today 30 years later!

Sometimes curves should be left to strippers....:cool:

Well keep in mind they are trying to make the Mustang global. I'm sure the design team had to keep some things reigned in to appeal to a broader market.

Kiohtee

Established Member
Paid $29.xxx for a brand new 16 base Comp Orange GT auto. At the time Autonation was selling manuals for $28K. Looks like currently the least expensive manual 17 GT on the lot is $28.7K after discounts and rebates, the least expensive auto 17 GT is $29,128.

http://www.autonationfordkaty.com/n...0a0d0cc7038ee407cfbb6894.htm?searchDepth=5:93

http://www.autonationfordkaty.com/n...0a0d04fe09e0b20dee9e63c0.htm?searchDepth=4:82

He's gotta justify his GT500 somehow man. Funny how he posts about free market yet paid a premium for a 2010 Mustang (the redheaded stepchild through every trim, if there ever was one), simply because the name "Shelby" is stuck on it at every turn.

I don't care what anyone drives honestly, just me. But don't bitch about the value per dollar when it's certainly not there for a '10 GT500.

Kiohtee

Established Member
It looks like a mixture of the '71/'72 Mustang and the New Edge.

I've seen you say this before and still to this day just don't see it. It's bad enough the styling alone couldn't sell me on my '17, but now you have to compare it to a '71-72?! And I absolutely see 0% New Edge in our cars.

These things are basically Fusion coupes IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread