Mustang Possibly Found Decades Later

PaxtonShelby

iamdrab
Established Member
I had heard years ago that the car was owned by a guy in Seattle and that it would never be for sale at any price. Either way I'd like to see it back on the road. Not sure I'd want to restore it though. That car was far from perfect in the movie. Still awesome though.

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member
I had heard years ago that the car was owned by a guy in Seattle and that it would never be for sale at any price. Either way I'd like to see it back on the road. Not sure I'd want to restore it though. That car was far from perfect in the movie. Still awesome though.

There were two cars used. One was for the jump scenes, the other was for the regular driving scenes.

The jump car everyone thought was scrapped. This is the one that showed up in mexico. The other car, the one that McQueen tried to buy back, has been owned by the same guy since 1977. The last article written about that car, which was back in 07, the guy was supposed to be giving it to his at the time 16 year old son who just got his drivers license.

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Should clean it up to its movie condition and ready it for museum duty. Thats a special Mustang and has earned her place in a display.

CSCOBRA03

Established Member
Those cars are both priceless, That was a great movie and the chase scenes were so good, it makes me smile just thinking of them.

BOOGIE MAN

Logic and Reason
Established Member
Let me get this straight. The current owner of the non-jump car, he's not a mustang guy; he bought it because he said, (paraphrasing) that a famous person drove it and it was an unbelievably low price. That makes it an investment in my eyes which turns this guy in to not only a non-mustang guy, but also a non-car guy. Now keep it completely secret that this car is in your possession for so long (40ish years now right?), that tells me he didn't want to get hounded with offers for the car because he wanted to let the value grow in peace. So how in the hell can you do all of this stuff with the original purchase of the "asset" being an investment, for you to throw it all away by giving it to a 16 year old kid....

That thing is going to have premature ejaculate and high school girls' disappointment all over it in no time....if the kid doesn't wreck it showing off for said high school girls.

Alright I know this America and private property wooooo! So it's your car, do with it what you please, but damn man...

Snagged

Shenanigans!!!
Established Member
Let me get this straight. The current owner of the non-jump car, he's not a mustang guy; he bought it because he said, (paraphrasing) that a famous person drove it and it was an unbelievably low price. That makes it an investment in my eyes which turns this guy in to not only a non-mustang guy, but also a non-car guy. Now keep it completely secret that this car is in your possession for so long (40ish years now right?), that tells me he didn't want to get hounded with offers for the car because he wanted to let the value grow in peace. So how in the hell can you do all of this stuff with the original purchase of the "asset" being an investment, for you to throw it all away by giving it to a 16 year old kid....

That thing is going to have premature ejaculate and high school girls' disappointment all over it in no time....if the kid doesn't wreck it showing off for said high school girls.

Alright I know this America and private property wooooo! So it's your car, do with it what you please, but damn man...

Well over time perhaps the meaning of that car was lost and wasn't that big of a deal to them. Or they just have insane amounts of money and can do things like that, ha. I don't know the whole story from the article though, I didn't have time to read it all.

Last edited:

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
All it takes is one person with the right cash. Of course, the owner is probably the kind of asshole that gets off knowing he has something everyone wants. It may take his passing before its back out for sale, hopefully to an enthusiast that gives a shit about what the car means.

HEMIHUNTER

Established Member
There have been rumors about this car for decades. In one of his bio's he discuss' filming Bullit. I don't remember which one since I read it a long time ago. He did do most of the driving except at the end where he said [ if I remember right] he couldn't slide the car because his racing instincts wouldn't let him do that.
Also in the Great Escape he didn't do that jump with the bike,he wanted to but they wouldn't let him.

Users who are viewing this thread