Mustang Police Units: Are there any out there?

stylin99

Established Member
One thing I haven't seen since the fox bodied mustangs, is a Police cruiser disguising as a Mustang. I've seen tons of new camaros, Chevy Impalas, explorers, Minivans (yea, that's right, downright sneaky), etc.

No Mustangs. Are they just too "stylish" now to be seen as a Police unit? Or am I just not going to the right towns?

stylin99

Established Member
I saw one of those recently in NC. Also saw a very unsuspecting Camaro, (no light bar, only minor markings on side to distinguish) in SC near greenville.

sohowcome

Captain Obvious
Originally posted by 1998WS6FBTA
NCSHP didn't put lightbars on theirs either, just the side markings, the light bars kill top end speed, I mean their getting 162mph out of them anyways, 0-100 in 11 seconds.

0-100 in 11 secs????? I need to see that.............. te ole 9c1 was 0-100 in like 20.4 seconds

LogiWorld123

Established Member
if you ever feel the need to go 162 mph to catch someone, you should not be allowed to drive.

I still don't believe a Camaro with "bolt ons" could achieve such numbers.

Blackgeetee

Established Member
when you say "changed the hood," does that mean there is no more "ram air" or a different looking "ram air" hood. I mean, do they still look like SS'?

sohowcome

Captain Obvious
Originally posted by 1998WS6FBTA
they don't have the scoupe in the middle of the hood, and they switched spoilers, the one they replaced it with puts more downforce on the rear!

Matt, I'll check the SHP website and see if its on there, if not then I'll see if the trooper I talked with has it or can get it!

Jeremy I would like to see too, just for kicks............

aj0538

Established Member
Our county has 3 or 4. I get to drive one every once in a while. It is an auto and all the lights mounted inside the car. Visibility sucks without all the police stuff in it--you can imagine it with blue lights and cameras in the way.

It is v/fast and one of our guys had his at 135MPH to catch up to a chase and said it felt like there was plenty more speed left in it.

Stock, or whatever mods they do for the interceptor package, The car hauls ass in first and will leave rubber into second. By the end of second every speed limit in my county is broken.

Now if the rear ends would just stay together....

stylin99

Established Member
Couldn't find a Mustang in Chicago's linup but found this rare site:

PT1.jpg

Clifton23SVT

I have actually been pulled over and givin a ticket for doing 76 in a 65 by a Sheriff in a 2000 Mustang GT white with a lightbar (very bright one too) He drove it like one too.. Whipped it around like it was nothing doing prolly 40 or so. He looked to be in his 30s or so.. This was in Refugio County Texas And in Corpus Christi Texas I have seen a Yamaha R1 (ricerocket) pulled over by a State Trooper in a camaro ss very nice lookin...

Users who are viewing this thread