Mustang McLeod Hydraulic Clutch conversion

Ovrclck350

Established Member
Totalled my Cobra and no longer have a need for this. It fits any manual transmission Mustang 79-04 OR you can use it for a custom project on any cable actuated clutch.

I had this installed on my 96 Cobra. The only problem I had with it is that when pushing the clutch in, the nut on the MC rod would want to catch on the adjuster when it retracted. I send the adjuster back to McLeod as the rod was gouging the adjuster, and they opened the adjuster up. This didn't fix the problem--the problem was that the adjuster was a bit too short and allowed to much play, so I machined a tapered washer to guide the rod and a plastic liner that extends out a bit further and never had a problem with it again.

New these are close to $600, I'll take $350 shipped OBO. PM me if interested
Here's a link to the item new: 14-326 Mustang McLeod Clutch Conversion Kit Hydraulic With Slave Cylinder 1979-2004 | CJ Pony Parts

Here are some pics--I haven't cleaned the kit up or even disassembled it since I pulled it. I also pulled it while I was pretty dirty and wasn't concerned about keeping anything clean. Insurance gave me only a few hours to pull everything including my wheels, radio, etc. It's been sitting in my store room for a couple weeks while I waited to see if I was going to get another Mustang or not.

cf652684.jpg

5b0d938e.jpg

54dbaf1a.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread