Mustang jack points

Eng90

Established Member
Hi,

I would like to know where are the correct location to jack the car on the front and rear ??

And what kind of work is enough to be done under the car if its on jackstands ?

debit_free_2010

Established Member
To set the car up on jack stands use the k-member, set jack stands under the front.

Use the pumpkin for the rear, make sure you're using a pad of some sort if you're using a jack that has those nasty 'teeth' sticking up. That'll keep you from crimping the diff cover. Not me but it's been done.

I yank the transmission/exhaust/rear using jack stands and a creeper.

gt5.0coyote

Established Member
To set the car up on jack stands use the k-member, set jack stands under the front.

Use the pumpkin for the rear, make sure you're using a pad of some sort if you're using a jack that has those nasty 'teeth' sticking up. That'll keep you from crimping the diff cover. Not me but it's been done.

I yank the transmission/exhaust/rear using jack stands and a creeper.

Couldn't have said it better myself!

Eng90

Established Member
Where exactly on the k member ? Can i jack the front up using a point on the k member too ??

5lho

Established Member
Don't use the rear K member ear as a jacking point. Use the jacking rail at the side of the car. You will bend the ear and the floor in if you use the K member rear point. It's tempting if you don't know better but a bad idea.

The only point to jack the car up from on the K is the centre pad, right under the engine.

Last edited:

hand-filer

Established Member
I use the K member but I also place a 2x8 between it and the floor jack to spread the load.

Last edited:

Eng90

Established Member
gentlemen.. can you please guide me with pictures if you have any ??

i dont know where exactly on the k member you is the place to lift the car from, is it ok to put the jackstands under the axle tubes ?? wouldnt they bent the tubes or cause them to leak ?

Eng90

Established Member
and where is the jacking rail ? is it the pinched metal sheets the are under the side skirts?

gt5.0coyote

Established Member
gentlemen.. can you please guide me with pictures if you have any ??

i dont know where exactly on the k member you is the place to lift the car from, is it ok to put the jackstands under the axle tubes ?? wouldnt they bent the tubes or cause them to leak ?

No issues here. We put stands under the axle tubes and it works find. No bends or leaks.

JDos1

Established Member
Here is where I jack/place jack stands. You won't harm anything doing this.
JUST MAKE SURE YOU DON'T SNAG THE OIL PAN OR DIFFERENTIAL COVER!!!!

Jack_Points_zpstmkuah0o.jpg

Last edited:

Eng90

Established Member
Should i get a low profile jack better than a regular one ??

What capacity of jack should i get ?

kbmag1

Established Member
You can check ZL1 ADDONS site for a magnetic pad that sets on the jack and interfaces the pinch weld. The "pad" is teflon coated as well.

dennisn

Established Member
I use the bmr jacking rails. Little pricey but figured as many times as this thing is gonna be up in the air they were more than worth it.

Never mind wrong year

Last edited:

gt5.0coyote

Established Member
Should i get a low profile jack better than a regular one ??

What capacity of jack should i get ?

http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200345429_200345429

Great jack. Have a Craftsman one also. I like this one a lot better though. Good quality jack for the money. Bought it on Black Friday 2014. Still performs like it did when it was new. Might want to wait till black Friday or cyber Monday for a good deal, unless you need one sooner of course.

Black Thunder 715

Established Member
http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200345429_200345429

Great jack. Have a Craftsman one also. I like this one a lot better though. Good quality jack for the money. Bought it on Black Friday 2014. Still performs like it did when it was new. Might want to wait till black Friday or cyber Monday for a good deal, unless you need one sooner of course.

That's the same one I have but I got it for $179 a year ago. You can also get 10% off with military or veteran I.D.

Users who are viewing this thread