Mustang GT Procharger Dyno sheet....

knowfreed0m

Blown Is Better
Established Member
My friend recently installed a PSC1 Procharger kit with the 10lb pulley on his 2000 Gt along with all other supporting mods (Injectors, MAF, Pumps...)

He had it all done and had it tuned at this local shop (bad idea) here is the sheet from the first dyno tune:
wMTIzMjkwNjZzNDEzZGZkMzF5NTQx.jpg

His numbers were way low for 10 psi and that is AFTER they had tuned it :loser:

So I told him to take his car to Sam @ Coastal Dyno and let him tune it up right.

Here is what it made after same tuned it.. Notice the first sheet was a DYNOJET and this one is on a MUSTANG DYNO..
wMTIzMjkwNTZzNDEzZGZkMzF5NTQx.jpg

The car runs great! pulls very stong and cruises nice too. I just wanted to post this up to see if any of you guys had any additional comments, or info to provide for him. (I dont know too much about GT's...) His A/F is set to 11.87 across the board and he's running 15* of timming. So any info would be awesome :beer: THANKS GUYS! :thumbsup:

knowfreed0m

Blown Is Better
Established Member
Yeah 338rwhp on a 10lb pulley is really low...

Now it's making 351rwhp ON A MUSTANG DYNO all due to a great tune. :beer:

SoCalStang

Established Member
knowfreed0m said:
Yeah 338rwhp on a 10lb pulley is really low...

Now it's making 351rwhp ON A MUSTANG DYNO all due to a great tune. :beer:

Isn't a Mustang Dyno alot more generous than a dynojet? I could be wrong :shrug: . I thought he said it was the same tune on a different dyno.

[edit] nevermind, it's a misspell on Sam.

Last edited:

knowfreed0m

Blown Is Better
Established Member
Really? What do you recommend him to run?

He is running on 100% stock block at the moment so the setup needs to be somewhat safe. :beer:

northsider

Established Member
SoCalStang said:
Isn't a Mustang Dyno alot more generous than a dynojet? I could be wrong :shrug: . I thought he said it was the same tune on a different dyno.

[edit] nevermind, it's a misspell on Sam.

Actually it's the other way around.

casey99COBRA

Just a rookie!
Established Member
knowfreed0m said:
Really? What do you recommend him to run?

He is running on 100% stock block at the moment so the setup needs to be somewhat safe. :beer:

Tell me what you think is safe? My buddy is running a 2003 gt (stock internals) KB 1.7L at 14 PSI with 23 deg of timing on pump. It has been like this for 2 years now and he beats the living shit out of the thing everyday. It's all in the tune. Better yet, KB was so impressed by his car and what his numbers were (being a stock motor and all) they paid to have him have a KB tatoo stamped on his god damn ass! And check this out... he puts down 460HP and 505TQ on a dynojet and then for the last year, he just has ran the same tune but w/ race gas at the track with a 75 dry shot of nitrous and puts down 530hp and 610 TQ w/ it... that car can definately see alot more timing!

Last edited:

knowfreed0m

Blown Is Better
Established Member
Very Impressive!
By safe I mean he doesnt want this motor to blow up I was under the impression that stock Gt motors cant reliably handle over 450rwhp for everyday driving :shrug:
In all honestly I dont know much about Gt 2 valve motors thats why I posted this here to see what your guys' opinions are.

Got Boost?

Established Member
where was the first dyno done at? im local to coastal just wondering what shop did the first tune?

Last edited:

Got Boost?

Established Member
ill prolly get tuned at coastal but as far as shops i like fordpseed becuase i know the guy doing the work there, not to mentiion its about 10 miles away

collibr1

Established Member
casey99COBRA said:
Tell me what you think is safe? My buddy is running a 2003 gt (stock internals) KB 1.7L at 14 PSI with 23 deg of timing on pump. It has been like this for 2 years now and he beats the living shit out of the thing everyday. It's all in the tune. Better yet, KB was so impressed by his car and what his numbers were (being a stock motor and all) they paid to have him have a KB tatoo stamped on his god damn ass! And check this out... he puts down 460HP and 505TQ on a dynojet and then for the last year, he just has ran the same tune but w/ race gas at the track with a 75 dry shot of nitrous and puts down 530hp and 610 TQ w/ it... that car can definately see alot more timing!
Who tuned this car?

spyder1337

It's LEGIT
Established Member
casey99COBRA said:

The dude must be irish.

mustanginky

Established Member
i put down 332 hp and 387 lb/ft on a superflow dyno (similar #'s to dynojet) on 11 lbs. i cant remember what my timing was. i know my hp was low, but i didnt want them to tune it too aggressively. plus i figure that i am more likely around 350 or so hp (or so im told, i didnt get the dynojet #'s). i am getting a TB and i plan on gettin it retuned afterwards and asking them to bump the timing a little bit. hopefully i'll break the 350 mark on the superflow...

casey99COBRA

Just a rookie!
Established Member
collibr1 said:
Who tuned this car?

Jason at Phatom Motorsports in SLC utah. I lied on the tq it's actually 530hp/650tq w/ the 75 shot.

I'd just start gradually bringing up the timing, the car can see alot more than what it is.

Jdaniel

THE DARK SIDE MOD
Established Member
I cant believe a rod hasnt gone through the side of his block! That kind of boost of the powder metal rods just isnt safe for WOT opersations and we all know what will happen when he gets a batch of bad gas and detonation dances its ugly face all over those hyperpathetic pistons! U sure he doesnt have a built block? LOL

collibr1

Established Member
Personally I'd say I would have to see it to beleive it. At an elevation of 4300ft are sure those numbers aren't fudged a bit.

rmgtc01

Established Member
Yeah, we all know him from the car show. We told him to go to Sam as well.
But I also told him to buy a Cobra before he S/c'd the GT.
Cool kid and I am glad he got his car running right. He was pretty depressed with the first tune.
I'll run him for some $$ now!!! hehehehe :rollin:

Users who are viewing this thread