Mustang GT Insurance question

98GMEater

Mr. PIIHB
Established Member
My brother has a 1998 Mustang V6 Convert (auto). He says it rains too much in FL for a soft top and wants a GT coupe preferably 94-95 but says a 96-98 will do. Whats the difference in insurance between the convertible and the coupe? He's 17

SKMCOBRA

Just the Facts
Established Member
Verts insurance is always a little higher due to greater risk of vandalism/breakins and also not as safe in an accident. As for the year, I would go with a 94-95 if getting a GT. Much easier to mod should be slightly faster too.

MAXX RS4

Established Member
I don't know if it helps, but I pay about $101/month. I just turned 18 about a month ago. This is in my 96 GT.

Oh, and every single SN95 5.0 that I've driven has been slower than my 96 has EVER been. And I don't have much power mods either. :rolling:

98GMEater

Mr. PIIHB
Established Member
So to simplify, his 98 V6 Vert. would cost more to insure than a 94-96 GT? Seeing as what Hershey said, it makes sense that the GT would be less.

MangledAxle

Do you hear that?!
Established Member
don't forget you are going from a v6 to a v8 so whatever you save from going from a vert to a hardtop will probably be lost from going from v6 to v8.

98GMEater

Mr. PIIHB
Established Member
MangledAxle said:
don't forget you are going from a v6 to a v8 so whatever you save from going from a vert to a hardtop will probably be lost from going from v6 to v8.

Yeah, that should come close if not equal to what he is paying now?

97Redvenom

Established Member
just call and get a free quote, every inssurance company will be differnt, even ur family members tickets affect ur rates... I had friends with v6's paying ALOT more then my v8 sooo... just call

Users who are viewing this thread