Mustang Fans.. 67 gt500. Deatiling thread cool cars.

moot09

Established Member
when he means wet sanding the car, is there some kind of detailing sand paper? lol looks like it made a night and day difference though

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
i wanna built and eleanor car with a gt500 motor in it

its my dream setup, SN67 GT500 E code.

4.6 or 5.4 DOHC built up, big ass KB/Whipple or twin snails, T56, IRS out back.

i dont see how a car as rare as that is "played out", ive yet to see one on the street, and have only seen very few in shows (like 3) in person. Seen one "in progress" but like most that take on the endeavor the owner had to let it go due to funding issues.

Nino S

Established Member
its my dream setup, SN67 GT500 E code.

4.6 or 5.4 DOHC built up, big ass KB/Whipple or twin snails, T56, IRS out back.

i dont see how a car as rare as that is "played out", ive yet to see one on the street, and have only seen very few in shows (like 3) in person. Seen one "in progress" but like most that take on the endeavor the owner had to let it go due to funding issues.

+1 when I have a bigger garage and the coin to throw around. 67 gt500 clone with a 5.4 and a 3.4 whipple or 3.6 KB on top with an IRS. :rockon:

getTwisted

I Remember My First Beer.
Established Member
Ya ik that... I didnt know you could wet sand your paint...

its cool some people are just smart asses with their smart ass remarks. you can wet sand your paint using wet or wet/dry sand paper, it is done by applying water to the item being sanded. seems to work better than dry sanding.

don't pay attention to the people on here that waste their time being stupid.

:beer:

miclightning

SVT Detailer
Established Member
its cool some people are just smart asses with their smart ass remarks. you can wet sand your paint using wet or wet/dry sand paper, it is done by applying water to the item being sanded. seems to work better than dry sanding.

Usually you want to use a higher grit and end with a Unigrit paper. Along the lines of 2500/3000

Best to soak your sand paper over night also FYI :beer:

- Sean

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Ya ik that... I didnt know you could wet sand your paint...

you can wetsand anything.

its mostly used on paint. its preferred over dry-sanding due to getting better results.

use 2000grit and a spray bottle with water+dish soap for lubrication purposes. hit it up with a PC or Rotary afterwards and compound. yet to do it on a large scale like a vehicle.

moot09

Established Member

Usually you want to use a higher grit and end with a Unigrit paper. Along the lines of 2500/3000

Best to soak your sand paper over night also FYI :beer:

- Sean

you can wetsand anything.

its mostly used on paint. its preferred over dry-sanding due to getting better results.

use 2000grit and a spray bottle with water+dish soap for lubrication purposes. hit it up with a PC or Rotary afterwards and compound. yet to do it on a large scale like a vehicle.

Ok I gotcha. Ya i knew the concept of wet-sanding vs dry sanding and such, I just didnt know you could take some wet sandpaper to your paint , fine grain or not. lol Thanks for info though:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread