Mustang Dyno vs DynoJet

johnkn

Established Member
Greetings, anyone have any experience in comparing the results of a Mustang dyno vs Dynojet (same car, temp, conditions, etc.)? I've always heard that a Mustang dyno can be a better tuning tool, but typical Mustang dyno generally reads about 10% lower than a typical Dynojet.

Thank you

blksnke2

Established Member
Yeah the average difference that can be estimated is about 10%, give or take. But you are true in saying that dynos, specifically Mustang dynos are best used as tuning tools.

johnkn

Established Member
Just poured through 30 threads on the topic, looks like the answer is clear, the consensus is 6-16%. LOL

ScreaminRedZ

Established Member
Dynojet's are usually pretty consistent, but MD's can be all over the place due to the inputs the operator can apply. I've seen MD's read the the same as Dynojets, much lower, and much higher. The important thing is getting an operator you trust and keeping everything consistent so your numbers are comparable run to run.

paluka21

Established Member
Dynojet's are usually pretty consistent, but MD's can be all over the place due to the inputs the operator can apply. I've seen MD's read the the same as Dynojets, much lower, and much higher. The important thing is getting an operator you trust and keeping everything consistent so your numbers are comparable run to run.

This ^^ Dyno's can be calibrated to "read" any way the operator decides. I've heard of Mustang Dyno's being calibrated to show horsepower/torque numbers to that of a DynoJet since most customers want to see higher numbers.

intermatic

Established Member
I had my car tuned with the stock eaton and 125 shot of nitrous on a dynojet down in NC at Fastlane, car made 580rwhp. I don't recall the torque number. When I moved up to NY, I had it dynoed at my new shop before doing any work (exact same mods) and it made 543.

Evo2SVT

Established Member
Personally I could care less about my dyno numbers. My car made 450HP on a 100 shot with a stock Eaton but ran 10.4@123. I would love going car meets and people talking shit cause it only made 450 then handing them their ass

Users who are viewing this thread