Mustang door hinge repair: Pins, bushings & roller install

RedfireSVT

Established Member
That’s right! With the help of 5.0Resto and LatemodelRestoration.com’s installation videos, you will no longer have to deal with saggy doors! Follow along in the video as Jmac shows you how to replace your door hinge pins,bushings and lower hinge roller on a Fox Body Mustang.

HINGE REPAIR: PINS, BUSHINGS & ROLLER INSTALL

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
Haven't watched the video, but Anthony, two people really make this job easier. You'll want someone to hold the door while you work, those old bushings can be a real bitch to get out.

Morpheus1975

I replaced both sets of bushings and pins on both doors with a kit i purchased from LMR. However, I had to do it by myself. I accomplished this by using floor jack and stands . The only thing I noticed was, after replacing the door pins and bushings, My door was out of line. So i removed the front inner fender well and adjusted the door hinges on both doors. Now, my doors close and open like the day when they was new

SVTORANGE

Established Member
I replaced both sets of bushings and pins on both doors with a kit i purchased from LMR. However, I had to do it by myself. I accomplished this by using floor jack and stands . The only thing I noticed was, after replacing the door pins and bushings, My door was out of line. So i removed the front inner fender well and adjusted the door hinges on both doors. Now, my doors close and open like the day when they was new

Almost similar - BUt you got em done and that is what counts:banana:

lilpanther

Established Member
That video will come in handy. I ordered a hinge pin kit about 2 months ago and I am just now getting around to being ready to put them in. Another thing that was making my door sag thought was that the factory weld on my door hinge broke.

SVTORANGE

Established Member
That video will come in handy. I ordered a hinge pin kit about 2 months ago and I am just now getting around to being ready to put them in. Another thing that was making my door sag thought was that the factory weld on my door hinge broke.

Amazing how much support these pins actually do

Users who are viewing this thread