Mustang Blowfish Racing Shifter Support Bracket 2011-2014

2014gttrackpack

Established Member
Has anyone bought one of this? If so what do you think about it? Its kind of pricey...:fm::fm::fm: (Mustang Blowfish Racing Shifter Support Bracket 2011-2014)

Angry50

Established Member
I just installed mine over the weekend. I have a review and some pics further down. I had a steeda bracket before. this is miles better. for sure worth it if you have shifting issues.

Speedwagon

Established Member
And why do you think the Ford engineers didn't come up with this.. Just saying.

Lava5.0

Established Member
NVH, in a nutshell

I agree. I installed the Barton 2 post shifter bracket in my 2012 and NVH went through the roof. Every terrible noise I could think of was coming through the transmission tunnel. I chalked the noises to worn syncro's, but the reality is the car is going to the dealer for transmission work this Friday. Anyway, I digress, I solved the problem with two layers of dynamat on the transmission tunnel.

lsxjunkie

Established Member
I agree. I installed the Barton 2 post shifter bracket in my 2012 and NVH went through the roof. Every terrible noise I could think of was coming through the transmission tunnel. I chalked the noises to worn syncro's, but the reality is the car is going to the dealer for transmission work this Friday. Anyway, I digress, I solved the problem with two layers of dynamat on the transmission tunnel.

That's because the Barton takes a rubber mount between the trans and the body and makes it completely solid. All the vibrations are transferred up through the tunnel. The Blowfish bracket completely separates the shifter from the body and mounts it solidly to the transmission, making it move with the motor and trans a bit and transmit more vibration into your palm, but also will remove any vibrations it would have sent into the body.

GHIG'13

Established Member
I know this bracket will work with a MGW shifter but does it come with the MGW mount or do you have to specifically ask for it when you order? CJPP does not have an option for the bracket with MGW shifter, wanted to make sure before ordering.

F.D.Sako

Established Member
When ordered through Blowfish, it came with both brackets. Give CJPP a call, I'm assuming its the same kit.

Users who are viewing this thread