Mustang 5.0 Vs Dodge Ram Diesel

turbo94gt

Established Member
Damn, 10s at 110mph, that is insane torque. Talk about a stoplight monster. that thing would be wicked on the street.

Fiveoh93Snake

Snake Bitten!
Established Member
Yeah you can't just automatically think a diesel is gonna be slow anymore. With the manufacters putting turbochargers on them from the factory; insane power is easily attainable. My dads 2001 Dodge QuadCab Dually 4x4 is pretty tricked out; Dr.Performance did there Stage3 package on it and it put down 370 somethin horsepower and 630 somethin torque. Not too long after that his girlfriend and I bought him 5" exhaust w/downpipe, that seemed to wake it up even more; but never made it back to the dyno. With the stock 6speed and stock clutch it was pretty wild. He could hammer it in 6th gear and get the clutch to slip (no load) pretty bad. Dr.Performance had worked on an older dakota pickup with a cummins retrofitted in it and that bad boy was turnin low 10s in quarter. To look at it from the outside it just looked like some dragged out Dakota with skinnies an fats, pretty nice paintjob with the Ted Musgrave style painjob on it, pop the hood an there sat a really warmed over 24V Cummins and one friggin huge turbo.

Seancass

HELLACIOUS
Established Member
incase ya'll didnt know the fastest pickup truck in the world is a deisel (212mph) and it drove to the salt flats, ran, and drove back. my uncles dodge dually will run sup 7 seconds to 60, and its a dually 4x4. im told the stock cummins block will stand up to 1000 hp, 2000 lbft. deisels are become absolute monsters. becareful which little farm truck you mes with, ive seen em turn some heads.

Fiveoh93Snake

Snake Bitten!
Established Member
Seancass said:
incase ya'll didnt know the fastest pickup truck in the world is a deisel (212mph) and it drove to the salt flats, ran, and drove back. my uncles dodge dually will run sup 7 seconds to 60, and its a dually 4x4. im told the stock cummins block will stand up to 1000 hp, 2000 lbft. deisels are become absolute monsters. becareful which little farm truck you mes with, ive seen em turn some heads.

Yep they can definately be made quick, even the old 12V Cummins can be made pretty quick. The first year for the 24V Cummins (98 I believe) was a bad year with a different block (weak casting). I definately would not try to squeeze a ton of power out of one of them.

Users who are viewing this thread