mustang 2step videos

Nino S

Established Member
please educate me on 2 step. is that when you hear the car sounding like it is hitting the rev limiter when launching it?

wlg101190

Established Member
Yeah, it means like a rev limiter in neutral, but whenever it's in gear it is normal. I think it is pretty cool, I wish I could my hand held tuner to do it!

jerrad

RIP Gump
Established Member
A two step pulls timing or adds fuel to make the car run rich. When it runs rich it burns the fuel in the exhaust making the turbo get more heat and making it spool at the line.

Nino S

Established Member
A two step pulls timing or adds fuel to make the car run rich. When it runs rich it burns the fuel in the exhaust making the turbo get more heat and making it spool at the line.

oh ok thanks man. So you will only see turbo cars with a 2 step then?

Daves91coupe

Established Member
Aren't two steps used to set a launch rpm and an rpm limit for overrev protection? Not just for turbo cars.

CobraTerritory

Merica
Established Member
and also so your not revving your car up at the line while the other guy is still staging. more consistant launching and its so easy just to put the pedal to the metal and your set limiter will stop your rev so no need to play with the rpms when you should be watching the tree. i have a diablo revolution chip and there is a built in 2 step option. what sux is my tuner set it a bit too high and i cant hook that high. :bash:

jerrad

RIP Gump
Established Member
^^^ He did it so you have a reason to buy some suspinsion parts. You should thank him. :)

Sublimize23

Established Member

You're thinking of anti-lag. I'm SCT tuned and my tuner put launch control in the tune. I can adjust it anywhere from 2500-6000rpm and I'm not 100% sure how it does it, it either pulls spark to half the cylinders or pulls timing but it will stay at the set rpm as long as the car is between 0 and 0.5 mph. The race cars where you hear the really fast two step is made by MSD.

Here's what the SCT one sounds like: (this guy's is set really low, probably 2500 rpm)
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51sc6L7kA5A"]YouTube - Mustang 2 Step[/ame]

Last edited:

jerrad

RIP Gump
Established Member
Turbo VNM's take on the two step.

"SCT 2-step works the opposite than you want it to. it removes fuel instead of timing. you want timing removed so that there is more fuel in the system to ignite and it will spool the turbo. the only person I know of that builds good boost with the sct is Josh(smashedheadcat)"

He knows more about turbos than I do and thats what he thinks.

F8L SN8K

Established Member
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XlTjSR0jw9o"]YouTube - 2003 mustang launches[/ame]

not mine looking for mine now

Last edited:

WhippleBlowJob

PUUUUURGE!!!
Established Member
I have one with my SCT.....it sounds AMAZING building full boost at the line. But its crazy....I can launch off the accelerator at 3,800 usually, but if I hit the 2 step and build full boost.....I have to launch WAY lower. All it takes is for me to plug in my SCT and change the RPMs I want it at. In the SCT programmer, its called Neutral Rev Limiter. I will get a vid later for yall to hear the blower. It sounds great.

ponyboyisaac

Now Kaioken...times 10!!
Established Member
my car has it at 3500 rpms. Heres a vid from inside the car. It starts around 1:03min into the vid. Excuse the "slow shifting" lol. [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VEwMMeupLOs"]YouTube - My shifting at the dragstrip[/ame]

Users who are viewing this thread