Must have OEM/Performance spare parts for 2013-2014 Shelby GT500

AdamIsAdam

Thanks, @1Kona_Venom , glad to be here! Yea, I did do a double-take when I saw this thread. And what surprises me more than things that may wear out/break, is the lack of support from Ford on cars 10+ years old. I would think the aftermarket would step in at some point, especially for a car as popular as the Mustang.

So really, what parts commonly go that I should stockpile?

1Kona_Venom

US Army (Ret)
Established Member
Premium Member
Thanks, @1Kona_Venom , glad to be here! Yea, I did do a double-take when I saw this thread. And what surprises me more than things that may wear out/break, is the lack of support from Ford on cars 10+ years old. I would think the aftermarket would step in at some point, especially for a car as popular as the Mustang.

So really, what parts commonly go that I should stockpile?

honestly, the 13/14 Shelbys are stout.
The only components that required to be replaced where the ones that didn't provide enough power/goals.

Most of the stuff the diehards are collecting is outside of OEM stuff, like components specific to the Super Snake program which is discontinued.
The wheels on my car are probably worth $8k
The hood would fetch a few thousand as well.

Last edited:

Vinnie_B

"LIVE LIFE AT FULL THROTTLE"
Established Member
Premium Member
These are now discontinued at the dealerships but I found them at a ford discount dealer.......warning.......they aren't at a discount price thats for sure. I picked up a set. Last chance to pick up a OEM complete hid headlight assembly before they become obselete. YOU'VE BEEN WARNED!

Headlamp Components for 2013 Ford Mustang | TascaParts.com

Headlamp Assembly - Passenger Side (RH)
DR3Z-13008-C

Headlamp Assembly - Driver's Side (LH)
DR3Z-13008-D

You can find them here:

These parts are also now discontinued at the dealerships but can be found at the above link.

Part No.: AR3Z-63045A36-BA
CONSOLE ASY

Part No.: DR3Z-6304567-BA
PANEL - CONSOLE

EDIT: 02/10/2024 These are now obselete parts everywhere!!!

Last edited:

Vinnie_B

Established Member
Premium Member
Ordered the above Console Assemblies and a full Stripe kit
Smart move IMO........Even if you dont use your parts. These original new boxed OEM parts will be extemely valuable in the very near future....$$$. I guarantee someone will need it or want it!!!

Vinnie_B

Established Member
Premium Member

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
Wasn't sure where to post this lol. Got some new Shelby coil covers from my brother. They look pretty cool
20240308_205837.jpg
20240308_205845.jpg
20240308_205901.jpg
20240308_210843.jpg
20240308_210858.jpg

Vinnie_B

Established Member
Premium Member

Bad Company

Established Member
This thread is interesting in a way, but it also shows how little the manufacturers care abut their long term customers and only about short term profits for the shareholders. I talked to a person recently that has a customer that bought a Caterpillar heavy truck for a dump truck a few years ago. Today the truck is junk in Caterpillar's eyes. These trucks were built as a joint venture between Caterpillar and International Trucks. The trucks actually utilize a hood source from MACK Trucks, a cab and frame from International, the engines are a hybrid of a Caterpillar C13 Acert short block with International cylinder head, turbos, common rail fuel system with Bosch ECUs and the emissions were again a hybrid of Caterpillar and International components, the transmissions were 6 speed automatics sourced from Caterpillar from the Off-Road Heavy Haul Dump Trucks used in the mining and excavation industry. The trucks used International software in the ECU to control the engine, along with Body Control Modules for the cab, whereas the transmissions used Caterpillar software and ECUs for the transmission. This truck was only sold by Caterpillar to the unsuspecting heavy duty vocational truck market, International sold the engine as a Max-Force 13 in their own trucks with a very poor service history. With this poor service history and the warranty repair costs of the engines Caterpillar broke off the arrangement with International and left the heavy truck market for good. Prior to this debacle Caterpillar had supplies 80% of all Class 8 truck engines in this country. The reason Cat quit selling truck engines in 2010 was because of the emission regulations and the unpredictable warranty costs associated with them. Cat wanted to still be in the heavy truck market and this is when they joined forces with International with the understanding that International would provide the R & D to make these engines reliable meeting the new emission standard that Cat felt couldn't be met easily.

I gave you the history to explain how Caterpillar entered into the market place as an OEM of Heavy Duty Class 8 trucks. Now with the poor repair history of these trucks they haven't seen a lot of miles or hours actually working over the last 10 years of being on the road. They have very complex and expensive emissions parts on them, the most expensive being the Diesel Particulate Filter(DPF). The customer that owned one of these trucks had a problem with the DPF assembly. Without this on the truck the ECU shuts the truck off and renders it useless. The DPFs can become contaminated to the point of needing to be replaced. The customer took the truck to a Caterpillar dealer for emission problems and derating of the Hp output of the engine. The dealer diagnosed that the DPF was the problem and that to properly fix it the truck needed a new one........what can you think happened next with the title of this thread???? Cat no longer has them and told the dealer servicing the truck that they no longer supplies them as a repair item for the trucks they sold as a OEM manufacturer. The customer asked the dealer what was he supposed to do to fix this truck and still be emission compliant with the EPA regulations. The dealers answer was to junk the truck and buy a new one. Now the problem with that is the customer has at least $30,000 to probably as much as $50,000 in the truck depending on when he bought it on the used market and well over $150,000 if he bought it new. How would you like that answer as a loyal customer?

It bother's me to read this thread. Why? Because the more sophisticated these vehicles become with the electronics and numerous modules that control everything now that the OEMs are not mandated by law or regulations to support these vehicles after the warranty period expires. You damage a wheel or some other part on a few year old limited production vehicle and you may run into issues getting a replacement part. I had the local Michelin tire dealer to me damage 2 of the fake beadlock trim rings on my 2019 Raptor while installing new tires. The rings from Ford had a list price of $1395 each. They were only available on 19-20 trucks. They came from China and due to the Covid era of limited supply someone at Ford decided they needed a ton of money to inventory the few they had in stock to promote shareholder ROI or to make the customers look at aftermarket wheels for 1/2 the costs of the beadlock trim rings. This allowed Ford to keep the few they had in inventory until the warranty periods were over without having to worry about supplying the parts needed for repairing something done outside of the warranty to the customers of their products. Customer support sucks on newer limited production vehicles when it comes to needing repair parts and I think the children of today that think a GT500 is the coolest car in the world will have a very hard time in the future restoring these cars once they have the disposable income to purchase one because the manufacturers are giving up on stocking large inventories of part in the manner they did 20-40 years ago. I can remember being able to walk into my local Chevy dealer and being able to buy a lot of the parts needed for these cars that I drove that were 10-15 years old without a bit of trouble, whereas today I can't buy parts for a 4 1/2 year old Raptor at a fair price. Yes the tire shop bought me 2 new trim rings after trying multiple times with a powder coater and a body shop trying to color match the rings, in fact I gave him 6 months before i said I think you need to purchase the rings before Ford runs out of inventory and the only way to rectify the problem is buying a complete set of wheels

Last edited:

Vinnie_B

Established Member
Premium Member
I think the children of today that think a GT500 is the coolest car in the world will have a very hard time in the future restoring these cars once they have the disposable income to purchase one because the manufacturers are giving up on stocking large inventories of part in the manner they did 20-40 years ago.
Unfortunately, you are 100% spot on! When I started this thread some parts have already gone obsolete. As of today...... the list has gotten even bigger for the 2013-14 Shelby GT500'S. It was a thread in good intent to bring awareness to those who intend to hold on to their shelbys the parts availability issue they will be facing. I can only hope this thread may help those like myself to buy as many parts as they can and store away for future use or to help others who may need them.

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
This thread is interesting in a way, but it also shows how little the manufacturers care abut their long term customers and only about short term profits for the shareholders. I talked to a person recently that has a customer that bought a Caterpillar heavy truck for a dump truck a few years ago. Today the truck is junk in Caterpillar's eyes. These trucks were built as a joint venture between Caterpillar and International Trucks. The trucks actually utilize a hood source from MACK Trucks, a cab and frame from International, the engines are a hybrid of a Caterpillar C13 Acert short block with International cylinder head, turbos, common rail fuel system with Bosch ECUs and the emissions were again a hybrid of Caterpillar and International components, the transmissions were 6 speed automatics sourced from Caterpillar from the Off-Road Heavy Haul Dump Trucks used in the mining and excavation industry. The trucks used International software in the ECU to control the engine, along with Body Control Modules for the cab, whereas the transmissions used Caterpillar software and ECUs for the transmission. This truck was only sold by Caterpillar to the unsuspecting heavy duty vocational truck market, International sold the engine as a Max-Force 13 in their own trucks with a very poor service history. With this poor service history and the warranty repair costs of the engines Caterpillar broke off the arrangement with International and left the heavy truck market for good. Prior to this debacle Caterpillar had supplies 80% of all Class 8 truck engines in this country. The reason Cat quit selling truck engines in 2010 was because of the emission regulations and the unpredictable warranty costs associated with them. Cat wanted to still be in the heavy truck market and this is when they joined forces with International with the understanding that International would provide the R & D to make these engines reliable meeting the new emission standard that Cat felt couldn't be met easily.

I gave you the history to explain how Caterpillar entered into the market place as an OEM of Heavy Duty Class 8 trucks. Now with the poor repair history of these trucks they haven't seen a lot of miles or hours actually working over the last 10 years of being on the road. They have very complex and expensive emissions parts on them, the most expensive being the Diesel Particulate Filter(DPF). The customer that owned one of these trucks had a problem with the DPF assembly. Without this on the truck the ECU shuts the truck off and renders it useless. The DPFs can become contaminated to the point of needing to be replaced. The customer took the truck to a Caterpillar dealer for emission problems and derating of the Hp output of the engine. The dealer diagnosed that the DPF was the problem and that to properly fix it the truck needed a new one........what can you think happened next with the title of this thread???? Cat no longer has them and told the dealer servicing the truck that they no longer supplies them as a repair item for the trucks they sold as a OEM manufacturer. The customer asked the dealer what was he supposed to do to fix this truck and still be emission compliant with the EPA regulations. The dealers answer was to junk the truck and buy a new one. Now the problem with that is the customer has at least $30,000 to probably as much as $50,000 in the truck depending on when he bought it on the used market and well over $150,000 if he bought it new. How would you like that answer as a loyal customer?

It bother's me to read this thread. Why? Because the more sophisticated these vehicles become with the electronics and numerous modules that control everything now that the OEMs are not mandated by law or regulations to support these vehicles after the warranty period expires. You damage a wheel or some other part on a few year old limited production vehicle and you may run into issues getting a replacement part. I had the local Michelin tire dealer to me damage 2 of the fake beadlock trim rings on my 2019 Raptor while installing new tires. The rings from Ford had a list price of $1395 each. They were only available on 19-20 trucks. They came from China and due to the Covid era of limited supply someone at Ford decided they needed a ton of money to inventory the few they had in stock to promote shareholder ROI or to make the customers look at aftermarket wheels for 1/2 the costs of the beadlock trim rings. This allowed Ford to keep the few they had in inventory until the warranty periods were over without having to worry about supplying the parts needed for repairing something done outside of the warranty to the customers of their products. Customer support sucks on newer limited production vehicles when it comes to needing repair parts and I think the children of today that think a GT500 is the coolest car in the world will have a very hard time in the future restoring these cars once they have the disposable income to purchase one because the manufacturers are giving up on stocking large inventories of part in the manner they did 20-40 years ago. I can remember being able to walk into my local Chevy dealer and being able to buy a lot of the parts needed for these cars that I drove that were 10-15 years old without a bit of trouble, whereas today I can't buy parts for a 4 1/2 year old Raptor at a fair price. Yes the tire shop bought me 2 new trim rings after trying multiple times with a powder coater and a body shop trying to color match the rings, in fact I gave him 6 months before i said I think you need to purchase the rings before Ford runs out of inventory and the only way to rectify the problem is buying a complete set of wheels
You're 1000% spot on, i try and keep my GT500 in perfect condition for this exact reason. I wish I had more disposable income to buy up rare parts, especially 5.8 blocks and cylinder heads. SAI is even worse. If you have a super snake and your hood gets damaged or your wheels or any other rare parts on your car you're SOL.

Vinnie_B

Established Member
Premium Member
You're 1000% spot on, i try and keep my GT500 in perfect condition for this exact reason. I wish I had more disposable income to buy up rare parts, especially 5.8 blocks and cylinder heads. SAI is even worse. If you have a super snake and your hood gets damaged or your wheels or any other rare parts on your car you're SOL.
Thanks for reminding me........:ROFLMAO:! Are you really sure you want a SS.....lol. Either hood or rim damage would be a devastating blow. No choice but to go aftermarket if it happens......:oops:. Im still gonna drive it like I stole it thou......:giggle:.

Vinnie_B

Established Member
Premium Member
SS Hoods can still be aquired here. I believe BMC Extreme Customs were the original manufacturer of the SS hood.

Supersnake Ford Mustang SS GT500 Hood 2010-2014 (Currently Out of Stock)

Shelby GT500 SuperSnake Hood Vents (2007-2014) (Currently Out of Stock)

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
SS Hoods can still be aquired here. I believe BMC Extreme Customs were the original manufacturer of the SS hood.

Supersnake Ford Mustang SS GT500 Hood 2010-2014 (Currently Out of Stock)

Shelby GT500 SuperSnake Hood Vents (2007-2014) (Currently Out of Stock)
Well that awesome, other than missing the rear vents, at least you can get one. Keep this a secret lol

Fat Boss

Established Member

I learned that with my Falcon parts over the years. I remember seeing a stack of NOS 64 grills for $200/ea and I though that was kind of expensive. Years later I paid $1200 for one.

For my SAI GT350 I have a spare hood, facia, heat exchanger, radiator, Super Snake axle backs, and one front and one rear wheel.

Because of this much appreciated thread, I have bought head lights and tail lights.

Bad Company

Established Member
Unfortunately, you are 100% spot on! When I started this thread some parts have already gone obsolete. As of today...... the list has gotten even bigger for the 2013-14 Shelby GT500'S. It was a thread in good intent to bring awareness to those who intend to hold on to their shelbys the parts availability issue they will be facing. I can only hope this thread may help those like myself to buy as many parts as they can and store away for future use or to help others who may need them.
I unfortunately don't believe we should have to spend thousands of dollars stockpiling parts to repair our cars in the near future. My car hasn't been driven much in the last 8 years and probably won't be driven much in the future on public highways, I estimate that it would be lucky to achieve 300 miles a year. Yet with age what could fail that would cause major issues?

I've been going back and forth on ordering a new Raptor 37" or a Raptor R recently, unfortunately Ford has delayed the release of the 24 trucks until a few weeks ago. I'd say it was a supply chain issue again. Now my history of these trucks is that I usually drive them a lot with the average mileage each year being 27,000. My current 19 Raptor has 137,000 miles on it and isn't 5 years old. This thread actually has me questioning why would I want the R with its limited production 5.2L engine and the fact that in less than 5 years from now it will be hard to find parts for this truck, engine and supporting electronics combination. I already know of a number of performance engine shops touting the 5.2L blocks as the strongest stock block for Coyote builds for racing applications and purchasing them from Ford depleting the limited inventory of them for the future. I would also assume that the cylinder heads are the best flowing from Ford and will also be depleted in the future. Ford's lack of customer support with no parts inventory or charging a ridiculous price for an inventoried item of limited stock to a customer needing a repair from damage while trying to maintain that item until the warranty expires without ordering replacements I find troubling. My experience trying to purchase the simulated beadlock trim rings for a vehicle less than 4 years old was enlightening to the problem of owning a limited production vehicle, so why would I want to purchase a special limited version of a limited vehicle? I'm 80% certain I'm going to order the 37" package with a 3.5L in the future. I already have the dealer willing to do either at window sticker, the only thing they're having a problem with is the allocation of a R. So Ford may encourage me towards the 37 package truck if they don't give this dealer the R allocation they been asking for in the next 6 months.
I secured a new 5.8 block and set of matching cylinder heads a while ago. I was afraid with the Hp the current engine was predicted produce at that time and the fact parts prices had increased substantially before I purchased that I was afraid Ford was going to eliminate them from the inventory in the near future at the time I purchased them. I'd like to thank J for the cylinder heads and selling them to me at a fair price at that time. Today Ford want 3 times that amount for them. I've heard of a person spending $10K for a new 5.8L block last year to replace a damaged one.

To me these cars aren't rare, yes they're limited production. Rare is finding one of one of a very small production number. Rare is a 67 Corvette L88 equipped car. A total of 20 L88 cars were built, of the 20, 10 are convertibles and 10 are coupes. Of that there was 1 red coupe with red interior. Unfortunately I looked at purchasing this car minus the engine, transmission and the hood. It had been driven on the street and drag raced extensively on the track, yet still had less than 10,000 miles on it. If I'm remembering correctly it had 9600 miles on it. The track racing is what caused the engine to fail with the car having such low mileage. After the engine failure the car sat around for years with the engine and transmission removed. The desirable 427 stinger hood was sold off the car. The person selling this car wanted as much as what a complete running low mileage 67 Corvette cost at the time. This was in the mid 80s and I passed on it because to source a correct date coded 427 block and build it back up to an L88 with the correct parts at the time I felt would make the car too expensive, the paint was faded and cracked by sun exposure, the interior was completely there and in very good condition............little did I know how much that car would appreciate in value to today's current value. I kicked myself quite a bit when the car was auctioned at Mecum in January of this year. Unfortunately I don't think our cars will ever appreciate that much in the future because it isn't that rare, but I could be wrong just like I was with the Vette. But It really doesn't matter because for me to see that type of hopeful appreciation happen, I'd have to be well past 100 years old. So I'm going to enjoy it for what I want, similar to what the guy that purchased the 67 Corvette L88 new from the dealer did. Yet I have the block and heads to rebuild it whereas the Vette owner didn't.

Norton

Long-time SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
To me these cars aren't rare, yes they're limited production. Rare is finding one of one of a very small production number. Rare is a 67 Corvette L88 equipped car. A total of 20 L88 cars were built, of the 20, 10 are convertibles and 10 are coupes. Of that there was 1 red coupe with red interior. Unfortunately I looked at purchasing this car minus the engine, transmission and the hood. It had been driven on the street and drag raced extensively on the track, yet still had less than 10,000 miles on it. If I'm remembering correctly it had 9600 miles on it. The track racing is what caused the engine to fail with the car having such low mileage. After the engine failure the car sat around for years with the engine and transmission removed. The desirable 427 stinger hood was sold off the car. The person selling this car wanted as much as what a complete running low mileage 67 Corvette cost at the time. This was in the mid 80s and I passed on it because to source a correct date coded 427 block and build it back up to an L88 with the correct parts at the time I felt would make the car too expensive, the paint was faded and cracked by sun exposure, the interior was completely there and in very good condition............little did I know how much that car would appreciate in value to today's current value. I kicked myself quite a bit when the car was auctioned at Mecum in January of this year. Unfortunately I don't think our cars will ever appreciate that much in the future because it isn't that rare, but I could be wrong just like I was with the Vette. But It really doesn't matter because for me to see that type of hopeful appreciation happen, I'd have to be well past 100 years old. So I'm going to enjoy it for what I want, similar to what the guy that purchased the 67 Corvette L88 new from the dealer did. Yet I have the block and heads to rebuild it whereas the Vette owner didn't.
We have similar taste in cars. (y)

I was at B-J. I recall a handful of 427 '67 Corvettes crossing the block, but I don't remember any of them being L88s. Was it the silver coupe, restored with an L72?

1 Alibi 2

Veteran,...retired Navy !
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
I

To me these cars aren't rare, yes they're limited production. Rare is finding one of one of a very small production number. Rare is a 67 Corvette L88 equipped car. A total of 20 L88 cars were built, of the 20, 10 are convertibles and 10 are coupes. Of that there was 1 red coupe with red interior.
2014 - " 1 of 1 ".......out of a production run of 5730.

2017 - " 1 of 1 "...........................out of over 1 million F series, 2017 MY..

Bad Company

Established Member
We have similar taste in cars. (y)

I was at B-J. I recall a handful of 427 '67 Corvettes crossing the block, but I don't remember any of them being L88s. Was it the silver coupe, restored with an L72?
Norton here is a link to the car with a description of what an L88 car is. I am very much a fan of Chevrolet cars from the mid 60s to 1970. I have owned a very rare optioned 69 Camaro that a kid with no drivers license totaled in the early 80s when he T-boned me running a stop sign at a fairly high speed and a not so rare 69 Chevelle 396SS. I'm very much of a fan of the Big Block Rat engines. What a lot of people don't know about the L88 is there are actually two different designs of this engine. The first design was found in the 67 and 68 Corvettes which there very few of. The engine is a 427 steel block aluminum headed engine with larger 7/16" rod bolt rods, 7/16" diameter pushrods, radical solid lifter camshaft and 12.5:1 pistons. These engines could turn 7500 RPM without too much effort and stay together. The first design engines used closed chamber heads, whereas the 2nd design engines in 69 used open chamber aluminum heads. The 2nd design engines are basically the same engine as a ZL1 but use an iron block versus the aluminum block in the ZL1. From what I researched when this car popped up on Mecum for sale was the person that finally restored it in the mid 90s spent a number of years sourcing the engine part after he bought it in the 80s. I know the car sat where I found it with the guy trying to sell it for what I thought was an outrageous price for 2 years. It actually sat outside alongside the road for anyone passing by to see it. I went by to check on it about every month or so to look at it on a Sunday when no one was around while it sat there trying to talk myself into buying it. I talked to the owner a number of times and he wouldn't budge on his price. I knew to source the parts and build the engine to factory specs was going to cost $10K or more........if I could find the parts. It is this that made me walk away from the car each time I looked at it. I estimated that I'd have 3-4 times what I could purchase a nice running 67 coupe for by the time I bought everything it needed and restored the paint correctly. The car was minus the engine, transmission, driveshaft, exhaust system, hood and all of the supporting engine parts under the hood when I looked at it. The paint was faded and cracked due to it being lacquer of that time. The body had zero flaws and all of the bright work was there in good shape. It hadn't been molested for being raced as much as the owner claimed it was by the original owner. It still had the rally wheels on it which surprised me. I knew it was probably going to be an investment car and not something you'd want to drive much, I just couldn't justify the investment as collecting cars as an investment hadn't taken off to what it is today.

Bad Company

Established Member
2014 - " 1 of 1 ".......out of a production run of 5730.

2017 - " 1 of 1 "...........................out of over 1 million F series, 2017 MY..

The Shelby is going to possibly appreciate in 40 years, the truck I doubt anyone will care. You have to remember the buyers in the future will be the kids that love the car today. As they grow wealth over their years of life they'll remember what they considered cools cars while growing up and they may decide to hunt them down for toys and investments. I kinda want the Hp of the earlier car but want the luxury of a modern car. This is why I bought a 2013 Shelby new. The 69 396SS I owned was a 375 Hp engine with a few modifications and probably was close to 450Hp, but it had a solid lifter camshaft in it that I was regularly adjusting the valve lash on. I love the rumble of these engines, but as I aged I didn't want the effort it takes to keep one tuned properly. Today the kids that will invest in the future will want Ford GTs, 2019 Corvette ZR1 with a manual transmission or the new Mustang GTD coming out. These will be the rare cars of the future that will be investment cars. I think the S197 and S550 Shelby will be something of a desire in the future but not like the cars with super low production numbers of the others I've listed. The S550 Shelby might surpass the S197 because I think the overall production numbers are lower due to Covid supply limitations, along with the years of production being limited to 3.

Users who are viewing this thread