Must have OEM/Performance spare parts for 2013-2014 Shelby GT500

Vinnie_B

"LIVE LIFE AT FULL THROTTLE"
Established Member
Premium Member

Body Control Module B - Ford (DR3Z-13C788-B)​

These are now discontinued peeps.(EVERYWHERE) These modules control our ambient lighting, rear brake lights and turn signals on the 2013-14 Shelby GT500's. Ive tracked down a supplier on ebay with a limited supply. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!

Body Control Module B (BCM-B)

Principles of Operation

The Body Control Module B (BCM-B) controls various systems by monitoring inputs from switches, sensors and messages sent from other modules on the Medium Speed Controller Area Network (MS-CAN) . Based on the inputs received, the BCM-B activates outputs. For example, the BCM-B monitors the stoplamp switch and messages received from the Smart Junction Box (SJB) regarding ignition state and door ajar status. Based on this input, the BCM-B may provide voltage to the stoplamps or activate the ambient lighting.

The BCM-B controls multiple vehicle systems which include:

• Ambient lighting
  • Convertible top
  • Window function inhibit (convertible)
  • Luggage compartment lid release inhibit (convertible)
  • Reverse lamps
  • Rear stop/turn lamps

Last edited:

Vinnie_B

Established Member
Premium Member
2007-2014 Ford Mustang GT500 Thermostat Cover - 7R3Z-8592-B *These are discontinued and hard to come by. New part was over 100.00 at dealership. Nice to have spare parts. I already have a spare thermostat housing and cover.

For reference:

1Kona_Venom

US Army (Ret)
Established Member
Premium Member
2007-2014 Ford Mustang GT500 Thermostat Cover - 7R3Z-8592-B *These are discontinued and hard to come by. New part was over 100.00 at dealership. Nice to have spare parts. I already have a spare thermostat housing and cover.

For reference:

P/N for the other half by chance?

Vinnie_B

Established Member
Premium Member
P/N for the other half by chance?

Non Track Pack Shelby is curently backordered (Good luck getting one)

Track Pack.......you are screwed if yours breaks! Best bet is keep an eye out on ebay

Last edited:

1Kona_Venom

US Army (Ret)
Established Member
Premium Member
Snagged another JLT Radiator Cover for my collection
Discontinued so qualifies to be in this thread

20231016_175635.jpeg

Last edited:

Vinnie_B

Established Member
Premium Member

1Kona_Venom

US Army (Ret)
Established Member
Premium Member
If you plan to unload one, i would be interested.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

I swear to god, it arrived and I told my wife
"Got the radiator cover. Now to find the car that matches it and buy it. This cover needs to be installed, not just laying about the house."

LoL

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
I swear to god, it arrived and I told my wife
"Got the radiator cover. Now to find the car that matches it and buy it. This cover needs to be installed, not just laying about the house."

LoL
I had mine repainted, it turned out better than how JLT did it. I'd just repaint the one for you car
Screenshot_20231017_212907_Gallery.jpg

1Kona_Venom

US Army (Ret)
Established Member
Premium Member
I had mine repainted, it turned out better than how JLT did it. I'd just repaint the one for you car View attachment 1813508

My current car has the OEM cover and prop rod.
I am probably NEVER, gonna take the chance at punching holes into my SS hood just for hood shocks.

SA on a lot of their SS's retain the hood prop

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
My current car has the OEM cover and prop rod.
I am probably NEVER, gonna take the chance at punching holes into my SS hood just for hood shocks.

SA on a lot of their SS's retain the hood prop
I don't blame you, I actually used these on my SS hood and they worked great.
Screenshot_20231018_141613_Gallery.jpg

Vinnie_B

Established Member
Premium Member

AdamIsAdam

I'm new here so excuse the silly question: are the parts listed in this thread commonly breaking? Like the module or cooling related parts?

TIA,

850SNCobra

Established Member
Any reason OEM TPMS sensors need to be had? I figured aftermarket ones wouldn't be that big of an issue.

Reason I ask, one of mine in my 08 gt500 just went out last week. I'm a little annoyed since I just got new tires not long ago so I would've replaced them all if I had known they were on their way out lol.

Vinnie_B

Established Member
Premium Member
I'm new here so excuse the silly question: are the parts listed in this thread commonly breaking? Like the module or cooling related parts?

TIA,
No @AdamIsAdam these parts are not common issues in the 2013-14. These are important parts to have for the future as these parts will be hard to come by or will be more expensive to acquire when the dealership no longer carries these parts. Some parts for our shelbys are already obselete at the dealership.
Any reason OEM TPMS sensors need to be had? I figured aftermarket ones wouldn't be that big of an issue.

Reason I ask, one of mine in my 08 gt500 just went out last week. I'm a little annoyed since I just got new tires not long ago so I would've replaced them all if I had known they were on their way out lol.
OEM anything is always the best to have for factory replacement in our shelby GT500'S @850SNCobra . But aftermaket will work of coarse. I personally would not purchase a extra set of TPMS sensors unless I planned to use them within a year! Its also impotant to check the manufacuring date on the packages as the factory OEM lithium batteries only last 5-8 years. Mine just hit 10 years going on 11. I guess luck is on my side as far as TPMS sensors go.

Last edited:

1Kona_Venom

US Army (Ret)
Established Member
Premium Member

TIA,

I'll bet your stomach dropped when you saw this thread and just realized you bought a car where parts are possibly breaking all the time?:ROFLMAO:

Like VInnie said, if you have spare change, (idk who does based on bidenomics), and wanna collect things, this thread gives you a lot of options.

People like me have learned lessons during the Terminator era in our hobby and now the Shelby era, to hold onto certain items. I tend to collect and save a variety of things.

Welcome aboard and glad to have another newbie

Users who are viewing this thread