Must have been a zombie

Husky44

Established Member
I couldn't kill it, because it was already dead...

Went for a drive tonight, hoping to find someone who wanted to play. So far, haven't had anyone who wanted to take a shot at my car (13 GT500 vert). I was playing on an old 2 lane that runs by a river (the Rio Grande), when I met a red Challenger going the other way. Hit the brakes fast, to see if he was going to slow down, but he didn't. It took about a half-mile to find a place to turn around, but it was fun to open it up headed the other way, knowing I would encounter no one while I reeled him in.

I caught up to him, and he slowed down to about 40, so I hung back, waiting for him to hit it. He pulled off into a small pullout. "DANG, he's letting me pass." Wait, he didn't just ease over so I could go by, he pulled over. Must want to talk... I pull up alongside, roll down my passenger window, and he starts yelling "YOU GOT A PROBLEM?!"

"Nope, no problem. Saw a cool car, thought you might want to play." He gets out, walks over to my PS window (hands in view, so it's looking kosher). Proceeds to tell me that there's all sorts of problems in that area (middle of nowhere?). Then he tells me how awesome his car is. It's an 8 speed automatic, gets 31 mpg, yada yada...

THEN he tells me that he's getting ready to go out of state and buy a "Carol Saleen GT Cobra-you know, the turbo-charged one?". :eek:

"Um, yeah. Those are awesome. Say, I gotta get going. See ya."

Husky44

Established Member
Pics of 13 GT500 VERT? Should've asked him if it had a Hemi

I think the humor might have been lost on him...

878fbc00.gif

1ac76efb.gif

Bmr4life

Established Member
I read some of the stories on here and most of them are good, but how many of you guys seriously do nothing but drive around looking for trouble like the OP did? I mean, you see a car headed in the opposite direction that gives you no sign of wanting to play that you then chase down so obviously that it causes the driver to pull over and ask you what's the problem? Just hope you don't run into someone that's having a real bad day. People can be crazy.

SCMOKN

Established Member
I read some of the stories on here and most of them are good, but how many of you guys seriously do nothing but drive around looking for trouble like the OP did? I mean, you see a car headed in the opposite direction that gives you no sign of wanting to play that you then chase down so obviously that it causes the driver to pull over and ask you what's the problem? Just hope you don't run into someone that's having a real bad day. People can be crazy.

That's what I was thinking!

Users who are viewing this thread