Must be something about a chevy to come after my Cobra

VelocityWS6

Established Member
ReducedFat said:
My car dynoed 272 rwhp bone stock without the fix, ~285 with. A .20 overbore, ported heads, and full exhaust later...I'm dynoing the same or a little less than my friend's WS6 with a lid and catback. If you're in an N/A cobra and you run into a heads/cam/full bolt on LS1....you'd better weld your ****ing doors shut, because he's going to rip the mother****ers off when he comes past you.

:rockon: :beer:

99_venum

SVT Madness
Established Member
PlatinumCobra said:
Uh oh. Here come the guys from the other forums. :eek:

:pop:
No kidding. All these nubies on here with the LS1 names.

Die Nubies :fart:

Why is it Chebbie owners always want to bench race. Or as stated above want to race you through traffic, weaving in and out. What a bunch of morons.

BTW:
What was this post about? Oh ya, an LS1 got smoked :loser:

Nice Kill (Massacre) :bash:

Gloveperson

Established Member
Good kill for the thread starter :-D

I am still amazed at how dumb people can be about LS1's when they have been out for almost a decade :rollseyes

illsmokeyou

Established Member
99_venum said:

Why is it Chebbie owners always want to bench race. Or as stated above want to race you through traffic, weaving in and out. What a bunch of morons.

BTW:

:lol1:

is this guy for real :shrug:

wait, this has to be some kind of sick joke

CharlieCobra03

Established Member
Funny sheit! I can hardly get any LS-1's to play. Maybe they're all stock around here. I've not lost to one yet but there's a WS-6, built with nitrous pulling the wheels off the line that I'm sure would kick my pullied ass, for now.

VelocityWS6

Established Member
99_venum said:

BTW:

Congrats to the guy for smoking the LS1... that's jolly great.

BMoseleyINC and whoever else said LS1s dyno 280 rwhp stock are just plain wrong. If you're OK with thinking wrong things, then go ahead.

99-Venum... Your Cobra will get humiliated by a comparably modded LS1 with a comparably skilled driver.

CharlieCobra03

Established Member
VelocityWS6 said:
Congrats to the guy for smoking the LS1... that's jolly great.

BMoseleyINC and whoever else said LS1s dyno 280 rwhp stock are just plain wrong. If you're OK with thinking wrong things, then go ahead.

99-Venum... Your Cobra will get humiliated by a comparably modded LS1 with a comparably skilled driver.

No replacement for displacement is the song I've heard before. It mostly rings true but not always.

BmoseleyINC

SVT Immortal
Established Member
TT_LS1 said:
BmoseleyINC, you sound like you drive an SRT-4, not a cobra. Anyway, there's plenty of LS1's that will hand you your ass. If it weren't for the distance between us, I'd glad you show you what it's like to get beat by a train length.

Sure, stock for stock, an 03/04 cobra will most definitely beat any LS1, all things (including drivers) being equal. But we all know all things are never equal, and we're not talking stock vs stock anymore. One of these days some yahoo in an LT1 with a 150 shot is going to rape you, and maybe then you'll start acting like you're all growed up.

Oh wow im so scared right now, all these PUSSY ls1 guys are gettign all butt hurt :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You know guys I dont give a **** who can beat me and who cant...that's not what this thread it about. This wa started because Mr.bpls1 likes fairy tales.

Look at all you guys so butt hurt you have to make a new screen name and come onto a mustang website because one of your fellow rednecks got beat.

Bottom line...My motor makes just as much power as your 99 ls1 with far, far less cubes...

Just stop makign up lame ass stories and THis wont happen. I'll gladly race a bolt-on ls1 with my bolt on cobra. I've raced one before not the holy grail by any means.

Oh yeah, i'll smoke every ls1 that has posted in this thread :lol1: :lol1: :lol1:

Ohyeah, TT_ls1 mind your own business, Why do I like sound like I drive an srt-4? because im sick of you f-body guys starting lame ass arguments?

whatever guys, bottom line is, all you guys are simply butt-hurt because we cobra guys wont lay down, and you guys tend to get smoked on a daily basis.

BmoseleyINC

SVT Immortal
Established Member
ReducedFat said:
My car dynoed 272 rwhp bone stock without the fix, ~285 with. A .20 overbore, ported heads, and full exhaust later...I'm dynoing the same or a little less than my friend's WS6 with a lid and catback. If you're in an N/A cobra and you run into a heads/cam/full bolt on LS1....you'd better weld your ****ing doors shut, because he's going to rip the mother****ers off when he comes past you.

right were not talkign about new ws-6's, were talkig nabout a 99 z28 with 305 hp.

The_Sheriff_

Established Member
BmoseleyINC said:
First off 99-01 cobra's have the exact same motor dickhead, so your first comment makes no sense, second off, all you have to do is look at dyno numbers and use simple math. My cobra dynoed at 278 rwhp with just a k&N.

I'll even be generous, say 18% percent loss, that=340hp at the crank at bare minimum with a k&N. THis is not uncommon, average dyno is 275 give or take a couple. yep out a nice 281 :idea:

Third I never said ls1's were slouches, I said I want you to stop with these ridicilous stories about cammed, nitrous ls1's that dont exist. Nobody cares that a fully built one with beat a stock 03 cobra, it didn't happen so why even bring it up.

Lastly, I looked at your mod list, and I see you have a cam and longtubes coming thye're probly already on if your so eager to race me. You dont have anything I dont, save a Maf so I dont see where your getting this ****iness from. You'd be suprised at how hard these babies pull... not saying i'd kill you, but you sure as shit wouldnt smoke me. :D

Whatever man you wanna drive down here to race, fine with me, just quit with the annoying stories..this is a mustang site if you havent noticed, you wanna toot your horn about your ls1 go to ls1.com simple as that. :sleeping:

My Camaro Z28 made 325rwhp BONE STOCK!

TT_LS1

BmoseleyINC said:
Oh yeah, i'll smoke every ls1 that has posted in this thread :lol1: :lol1: :lol1:

You really think so? When was the last time you "smoked" a 427 running 22psi?

Oh, and you sound like an SRT-4 driver with all your hp per liter bullshit. Nobody came here and said 03/04 cobras are slow. You have been saying all along that all LS1s are slow. I can drive my car from work to the track, and run a low 9, at 6000 feet. Can you?

99_venum

SVT Madness
Established Member
VelocityWS6 said:

Well there are many LS1's around here that have tried. I have yet to have one walk away from me. Ya never know what you are dealing with until you see the tail lights. If your not running mid to low 11s then you're not good enough for the snake, but you might have a chance against my truck. Although my buddy here at work with the 01 Vette doesn't want to play with the truck anymore either. I guess I hurt his LS ego :loser:

Have fun with all your Chebbie barnyard bench racing but facts are facts. In this post the Chebbie lost. In the races I've had the Chebbie lost. I am a humble person but I can also hand out a little humility. :lol:

Ryan00TJ

Established Member
Nice Kill to the original poster!! :beer:

An LS1 is an LS1. WS6 or Z28 they are all the same engine. The exterior options were different. The 01+ LS1's are a little stronger than the previous years due to LS6 intake manifold, better flowing exhaust manifolds etc. Mine dynoed stock at 315rwhp @ 326rwtq w 1,500 miles on the motor. From what i've seen a near stock LS1 will put 2-3 cars on a similar modded 96-01 Cobra from a roll with dig races going to the better driver in the 1/4.

Last edited by a moderator:

TT_LS1

BmoseleyINC said:
right were not talkign about new ws-6's, were talkig nabout a 99 z28 with 305 hp.

and I suppose you think there's this huge difference between a ws.6 and a z28...

:rollseyes

VelocityWS6

Established Member
BmoseleyINC said:
right were not talkign about new ws-6's, were talking nabout a 99 z28 with 305 hp.

You've proved your intellectual inferiority yet again...

WS6, Z28, SS, Trans Am, Formula, and even Corvette... if it's an LS1 powered car, they all make roughly the smae amount of power.

The fastest stock LS1 f-body on record was a Z28 Camaro.

Last edited:

VelocityWS6

Established Member
99_venum said:
If your not running mid to low 11s then you're not good enough for the snake

Like I said... line up with an LS1 that has the same mods as you, and a comparatively skilled driver, and you'll be going down.

Nevertheless, pretty sweet you're in the 11s though...

Users who are viewing this thread