Mushy Brakes question after 00R swap

GTG

Looking for a Money Pit
Established Member
Hello, this thread is directed to those with 00R brakes. A couple of weeks ago i swapped 00R brakes onto my 97 Cobra. At the time of installation I lost a good amount of fluid when each caliper was being swapped out. After they were installed we did a good job bleeding them until there was no air. The pedal feel was mushy up top and the stopping power is kind of disappointing. Well, thinking there is still air in the lines I had the brakes bled by a shop. Still a mushy feeling until the pedal is depressed about a third of the way. The dual pistons pbr's had good pedal feel before the stop. I have checked for leaks and haven't found any.

Is there air in the master cylinder? Do I need to upgrade parts to accommodate the 4 piston calipers? I tried searching with no luck.

Thanks,

Gary

Blk98Slobra

Established Member
Did you bleed the master cylinder as well? I was going to do the the 00 R swap and that was my plan. Install them myself and then take it to a brake shop to completely bleed the whole system. Off topic, can you pm me where you got the kit from and how much please.

cobra4v

Hooked On SVT
Established Member
It might still have air in the master. Bleed the master from the 2 bleeder valves on the master cylinder.

GTG

Looking for a Money Pit
Established Member
It might still have air in the master. Bleed the master from the 2 bleeder valves on the master cylinder.

That is the plan. The guys in the R forum have told me that too. I think I found one of the valves, just need to find the second. Anyone have a pic of their locations?

97CasperCobra

Track is Crack
That is the plan. The guys in the R forum have told me that too. I think I found one of the valves, just need to find the second. Anyone have a pic of their locations?
Should be right next to each other....let me go look......

262274.jpeg

there's the two bleeder valves.

Last edited:

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
Do you apply pressure to the pedal to bleed those valves too? Or just spin the wrench?

Users who are viewing this thread