Murdered out cammed SS vs my 12 GT. Girlfriend finally smiles

ITRIEDEL

Established Member
Quick background on the "Girlfriend". She is my girlfriend, and we've been dating for a little while. She loves Camaros since she owned a 93 SS and she never hesitates to break her neck when she spots one driving around. What she does not like is me running through the gears with someone else who wants a piece of the coyote. She always reminds me how she wants to see twenty one and how I have too much fun in my car. Mind you, it's usually a spat between me and another car for a brief moment, nothing too extravagant, but nevertheless she doesn't really care for it.... Until... DOT DOT DOT

I was cruising and I came up behind a blacked out 10+ SS, with 4 inch tips. As he hit the clutch I heard the idle bounce off the side of the on ramp, which sounded like a pretty nasty lope and overlap. She of course is in awe of the Camaro. I thought I may have an opportunity to play a little game of cat and mouse this time without too much blowback. Clearly the Camaro would give me a spanking on my ass, but how much of a spanking was the question. The next question was what the GF would think?

Well as I am pacing behind him, he moves over and I stay in my respected lane and begin to creep up on him; noticing an older gentlemen probably in his early 40’s it was probably someone who has had a few runs in his life and judging by his car he had pretty good knowledge of what a coyote is capable of, and what his pushrod is capable of dishing out to unsuspecting prey. As I creep up, he hits it. I of course obliged and give suit... However as much as I tried to hit the next gear right when the TACH backlight went red, he just kept going and going. Screaming like he was coming straight out of hell. 3-4 car lengths later, I let off. The girlfriend however was quiet... awaiting my "You're going to kill me " remark or something along the lines of me losing control on a freeway and running off an edge of a cliff to my doom, it was just silence. I glance over and she has the biggest grin on her face, why? Well her notorious "Camaro" had just put a spanking on me. She then makes the comment "That was fun…" grinning ear to ear.

Obviously it was fun for her, because her iconic car just made me look like a hybrid, but what can you do? The coyote is stock for now minus dark grey AMS rims and SLP axle backs. However 3.73's, Springs, intake, and tune sit in the living room next to my TV stand, made up of 396 Heads, and 5.7 rods.

I can't hate her; I’ve always been a Chevrolet guy at heart. Not only that, but a woman who loves an American car, whether it be Ford, Chevrolet or Dodge, is just my kind of woman.

Last edited:

ViciousJay

Established Member
:rockon: good loss. The older i get the less i care about the heritage battles, very cool non the less. Now go start modding

REPCobra10

Established Member
You can't win them all, OP...:beer: There are some nasty 5th-generation Camaros out there that will eat a lot of peoples lunch! By the way, funny girlfriend...:lol1:

b_dike

Established Member
Cool death, sounds like you never stood a chance... but why the 5.0 if you've always been a chevy guy? :shrug:

ITRIEDEL

Established Member
Cool death, sounds like you never stood a chance... but why the 5.0 if you've always been a chevy guy? :shrug:

Had to change it up. Wasn't too fond of the new camaros, over the 5.0s. They're great looking, but just not for me. I was going to try to get into a 392 Challenger, but may wait and jump in a z06. To be honest, i like all cars.

Last edited:

Hillbillyred

Established Member
Had to change it up. Wasn't too fond of the new camaros, over the 5.0s. They're great looking, but just not for me. I was going to try to get into a 392 Challenger, but may wait and jump in a z06. To be honest, i like all cars.

Nice story no chance it took place in corpus christi tx sat nite bout 9ish? If i were you and gonna jump in to any gm product id wait and see what the new stingrays look like. Pics ive seen floatin around look really good. Also i own a 5th gen camaro along side my 13 boss. My neigbor has an 11 camaro blacked out and just got it back from some very nice upgrades to the tune of about 496 rwhp. Sad thing is from about 20 mph to around 60ish for sure he still cant touch my bone stock coyote!!!

Mystic03

Established Member
nice death...if i lost my girl would simply ask what does the car need so we dont lose again :lol1:

ITRIEDEL

Established Member
Nice story no chance it took place in corpus christi tx sat nite bout 9ish? If i were you and gonna jump in to any gm product id wait and see what the new stingrays look like. Pics ive seen floatin around look really good. Also i own a 5th gen camaro along side my 13 boss. My neigbor has an 11 camaro blacked out and just got it back from some very nice upgrades to the tune of about 496 rwhp. Sad thing is from about 20 mph to around 60ish for sure he still cant touch my bone stock coyote!!!

It was in Corpus Christi, but it was sometime during the day, may have been 9am, but not 9pm at night. I think I've seen your 13 boss rolling around, I always notice them, very few in corpus. :beer: . Well if it was him, tell him we enjoyed the ass kicking haha

DSGCOBRA24

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
:rockon: good loss. The older i get the less i care about the heritage battles, very cool non the less. Now go start modding

+1 on the older I'm getting the less I care about heritage battles.

Respectful death OP... BTW, there is no such thing as a 93' Camaro SS. They didn't start making 4th gen SS Camaros till 96'

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
nice death. 40's is not an 'older gentleman'. other than that, great read.

ITRIEDEL

Established Member
+1 on the older I'm getting the less I care about heritage battles.

Respectful death OP... BTW, there is no such thing as a 93' Camaro SS. They didn't start making 4th gen SS Camaros till 96'

Awee, noted... I wasn't aware of that, I knew the 4th gen LT1 was released that year so I never argued it. I don't want to burst her bubble, so we'll keep it our little secret. I mean it's like telling a kid their teddy bear isn't real. Haha

nice death. 40's is not an 'older gentleman'. other than that, great read.

Fair enough... I'm twenty five, so anyone over 40 is older to me... But i'm on my way there very soon... Can't come any slower...

Last edited:

Hillbillyred

Established Member
It was in Corpus Christi, but it was sometime during the day, may have been 9am, but not 9pm at night. I think I've seen your 13 boss rolling around, I always notice them, very few in corpus. :beer: . Well if it was him, tell him we enjoyed the ass kicking haha

Yeah mine is a race red boss i live in the bluff area. We got to the a&w on saratoga quite often hope we see you around there one sat nite?

Users who are viewing this thread