Multiple Red Light Violations?

wurd2

Bingo.
Established Member
Yesterday I had a personal emergency that required me to drive home in a spirited fashion. Not surprisingly, I was pulled over for a red light violation. The citing officer claimed that I was responsible for running not one but two red lights. He said one of them he could understand as it was a right turn in a very low traffic intersection, but the other was through a major intersection. Regardless of whether or not I am guilty of these violations, I cannot determine if the officer wrote me up for one or two red light violations.

The one ticket I received lists the following violation (notice the last portion in red):
21453A VC X2

There is only one intersection mentioned on the ticket, and only one turn direction.

I already left a message for the citing officer to call me about this, but considering the financial impact this ticket will have, I am anxious to get some information on it.

Do you think the officer cited me for two red light violations?

:shrug:

wurd2

Bingo.
Established Member
I do not know for sure what red light violations cost here in CA, but the average fine I see on various websites is $400.

:cryying:

ZChaos0026

Established Member
i cant speak for CA, but if I'm writing someone for two red light violations, they will get two separate citations, one for each violation.

mswaim

Dark Side Poster
Established Member
Yesterday I had a personal emergency that required me to drive home in a spirited fashion. Not surprisingly, I was pulled over for a red light violation. The citing officer claimed that I was responsible for running not one but two red lights. He said one of them he could understand as it was a right turn in a very low traffic intersection, but the other was through a major intersection. Regardless of whether or not I am guilty of these violations, I cannot determine if the officer wrote me up for one or two red light violations.

The one ticket I received lists the following violation (notice the last portion in red):
21453A VC X2

There is only one intersection mentioned on the ticket, and only one turn direction.

I already left a message for the citing officer to call me about this, but considering the financial impact this ticket will have, I am anxious to get some information on it.

Do you think the officer cited me for two red light violations?

:shrug:

Where were you cited? City? Citing officer i.e., city copper or CHP, ?? It's highy unlikely you violated section 21453(a) cvc twice at the same intersection.

wurd2

Bingo.
Established Member
This morning I spoke to the officer who cited me. Unfortunately, he wrote me up for two violations but he made a mistake on the ticket. He said I would get a correction in the mail. One is considered a red light for the major intersection, and the other a red arrow for the right-hand turn.

Bummer.

Considering the circumstances of this case, which I haven't detailed here, I am going to get a lawyer. I've always been curious as to how that process works anyhow. Does anyone know if it reflects negatively on the officer if I win this case? The officer, although he cited me, is a genuinely nice guy.

Users who are viewing this thread