Multiple deaths feared in N.Y. hostage-taking

03CobraDude

BREAKING NEWS

NBC News and news services
updated 4 minutes ago

BINGHAMTON, N.Y. - A gunman blocked the back door of an immigration services center with his car on Friday before walking through the front door firing, wounding several people and taking dozens hostages, officials said.

NBC's Pete Williams cited city and state officials as saying that as many 13 people might have been killed. But Williams cautioned that the information was very preliminary and may change by because police were still searching the building.

At least 41 people were in the American Civic Association building at the time of the shooting, The Binghamton Press & Sun Bulletin reported.

Rest of it here:
Multiple deaths feared in hostage-taking - Crime & courts- msnbc.com

!!!PainTrain!!!

Mattis for POTUS
Established Member
Yahoo just reported that there are 6 injured ranging in age from 20-mid 50's. Sucks for sure.

txyaloo

Established Member
another reason why i carry at ALL times

Wouldn't do you any good in NY since they are a may-issue state and most of the time do not issue. In addition, I don't know of any other state's licenses that NY recognizes.

!!!PainTrain!!!

Mattis for POTUS
Established Member
Wouldn't do you any good in NY since they are a may-issue state and most of the time do not issue. In addition, I don't know of any other state's licenses that NY recognizes.

It was either NY or NJ but when my father was pulled over for speeding, he informed them that he was carrying. They said that it didn't matter if he had a CCL, it wasn't issued in their state and therefore it wasn't recognized by them. That seems pretty lame to me.

txyaloo

Established Member
It was either NY or NJ but when my father was pulled over for speeding, he informed them that he was carrying. They said that it didn't matter if he had a CCL, it wasn't issued in their state and therefore it wasn't recognized by them. That seems pretty lame to me.

Could have been either. Neither recognize out of state CHLs. Texas recognizes both of theirs.

I've heard of Texas LEOs having their firearms taken from them or hassled by NYPD when carrying off duty in NYC even though federal law allows them to carry anywhere in the US. It's a load of crap.

greenstang1313

back in black
Established Member
I've heard of Texas LEOs having their firearms taken from them or hassled by NYPD when carrying off duty in NYC even though federal law allows them to carry anywhere in the US. It's a load of crap.

A guy at the gun class I took was saying his buddy had a New Hampshire LTC and accidently left his gun in his car when he went to go pick someone up at Logan Airport in Boston... he got pulled over and they found the gun and arrested him on the spot. He spent $10,000+ on legal fees and a lawyer to avoid jailtime.:nonono: So rediculous.

Sonicblue8093

[]D [] []V[] []D
Established Member
YAY for NY, that way only criminals who don't abide by the laws anyway carry guns ! what idiots.

Last edited:

carrrnuttt

My shit don't stink
Established Member
This is another incident that gun-control nuts like Rochard will try and use as a reason to ban guns.

In truth, no law written by man or god would have stopped this kook from getting a gun, while the draconian NY gun laws prevented the law-abiding people from having a gun to fight back the moron with.

machsp33d

Jim Garv
Established Member
Ya so I'm outside gettin the car ready to go on the road and start hearing sirens then on the radio they announce the bad news. Turns out its only a mile from me. I'd go down and check it out but its pooring out! News conference on @ 4 so I guess we'll get the final outcome then...:nonono:

DCAN87

Established Member

That is correct. You can carry in the state you have the CCL in. Out of state, it's their rules.

Could have been either. Neither recognize out of state CHLs. Texas recognizes both of theirs.

I heard that officers can carry anywhere in their own state, however when going out of state they need permission from the local PD or they need to turn their weapon in when they arrive to their destination and pick it up when they leave.

Not in NY you don't.

True. Good luck getting a CCL in NY or NJ

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread