Mulholland Run, Sunday March 13, 2011

A4BLK98SS

Established Member
It's cruise time again. Let's meet up at 11:15a.m. at the Rite Aid at this address:

21949 Ventura Boulevard
CA 91364-1725

We'll hand out directions and leave at noon. Cruise will last roughly an hour and a half.

The Route.

The cruise ends at Neptune's Net of [nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKdcVXZlRv4&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube - Ferrari vs Toyota Supra ! HQ ! Fast and Furious Scene ![/nomedia].

[ame="http://www.motorgen.com/forum/showthread.php?t=25206"]Original thread here.[/ame]

See you all Sunday!

Krwy

Established Member
I would like to make it out. Rear brakes are dragging, hoping they'll clear up by tomorrow morning. I made that run a few weeks ago. Little Sycamore Canyon Rd was great.

Krwy

Established Member
Brakes are good now. I pulled the rear calipers off and twisted the piston back in and they're golden. Sucks though, I wanted to go out.

The Fox will be up for sale soon :(
Its a cool car, but I'm over it. The Mach does everything the Fox could do.

Krwy

Established Member
Ah shit, I just realized that its THIS week, and not last week. I'm working an event for GM, I think that I'll be back in SoCal by then. The Mach is good to go.

A4BLK98SS

Established Member
Brakes are good now. I pulled the rear calipers off and twisted the piston back in and they're golden. Sucks though, I wanted to go out.

The Fox will be up for sale soon :(
Its a cool car, but I'm over it. The Mach does everything the Fox could do.

Bummer, but I understand.

Julie GT07CS

Established Member
I think my husband Glenn is planning on going on this. Keep a look out for his sonic, you guys. :thumbsup:

ninty9cobra

Established Member
Did anybody show up I was there only seen a yellow mach 1 with a 03 cobra front end and a 11 5.0 that was dark blue but no people in car. I was in the parking lot for a good while then headed back home.

Krwy

Established Member
Looks like I'm the only Ford... let alone Cobra here:shrug:

The blue '03?

What was the deal with the meet up point? I thought it was the Rite Aid parking lot.

Good hanging out with you guys. I gotta hit up the next one.

Anyone want to mimic the OCHP Big Bear Cruise? I think I still have the route map.

Last edited:

Sagittaria

Established Member
What parking lot? I showed up at the Rite Aid address posted above but apparently the actual meet was changed to a nearby mall... got lucky and saw a bunch of challengers and gtos going towards the mall.

But yeah, in the end it was 1 Yellow Mach, 1 Blue 2011 5.0 , 1 Silver Terminator and myself. But their was a ton of other cars there (60+). Was disappointed no one from here or any more mustangs showed up.

But due to lights everyone got split into groups of 6 or 7. The route through the mountain was pretty intense. Great views but don't get me wrong I love twisties but their were a lot of amazingly sharp corners. Didn't want that much stress on my car so I let off and ended up by myself half way through. That and no one seemed to know where they were going (no maps) so quite a few of us took wrong turns and dispersed the group further.

I'd do it again if there were more of us, the roads aren't made up of 400 curves of death, and we started out somewhere where there isn't as much traffic.
DSCN0187.jpg

Rest of the pictures

Krwy

Established Member
What parking lot? I showed up at the Rite Aid address posted above but apparently the actual meet was changed to a nearby mall... got lucky and saw a bunch of challengers and gtos going towards the mall.

But yeah, in the end it was 1 Yellow Mach, 1 Blue 2011 5.0 , 1 Silver Terminator and myself. But their was a ton of other cars there (60+). Was disappointed no one from here or any more mustangs showed up.

But due to lights everyone got split into groups of 6 or 7. The route through the mountain was pretty intense. Great views but don't get me wrong I love twisties but their were a lot of amazingly sharp corners. Didn't want that much stress on my car so I let off and ended up by myself half way through. That and no one seemed to know where they were going (no maps) so quite a few of us took wrong turns and dispersed the group further.

I'd do it again if there were more of us, the roads aren't made up of 400 curves of death, and we started out somewhere where there isn't as much traffic.
DSCN0187.jpg

Rest of the pictures

Ahh shit. I was with a small group in the Rite Aid parking lot. None of us knew the meet location was changed. I'm not on Motorgen, just SVTP. So I wasn't updated. We rolled out after we seen the huge group. It was a Sonic Blue '03 Cobra, 2 F-Body Camaros, and me in my '03 Mach. I was a great time, I've been through Mulholland, and surrounding areas plenty. I was glad no one went completely balls out seeing as how I wasn't willing to put others in danger. It was good times. I Just wish the meet location was updated here on SVTP.

Last edited:

A4BLK98SS

Established Member
Thanks to everyone for coming. I guess there was somewhere between 50 and 60 cars. I unfortunately didn't make it because the Cobra has a tire with a slow leak and it almost flat when I went to check it on Sunday morning. It's getting patched this weekend though :)

Here is the media thread.

[ame="http://www.motorgen.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24495"]Here is a schedule of upcoming cruises:[/ame]

April 10th - GMR
May 8th - Angeles Crest
June 12th - Palomar Mntn.
July 10th - Rim of the World

See you guys soon and thanks again for coming!

A4BLK98SS

Established Member
Sorry about the meet location. Ben (LS1 82 Vette) was supposed to be at the RiteAid parking lot telling people where to go since they switched it late, but then for some reason they didn't do that :(

I would have been there if not for my tire. Sorry about that. GMR is much better organized ;)

Users who are viewing this thread