mufflers on foxbody stang

gambit90lx

Established Member
what is a good loud muffler with bbk long tubes and bbk x pipe? i have flowmasters and it sounds good but what it to be louder...what are all yall running?

03'Darin

Established Member
what is a good loud muffler with bbk long tubes and bbk x pipe? i have flowmasters and it sounds good but what it to be louder...what are all yall running?

On my Fox Body road course car behind a 351 I have Mac LT's, Mac H-pipe and Mac mufflers with dumps. It's not nearly as loud as I expected. On my old Fox Body race car behind a 302 I had shorty headers, off road H-pipe and 2 chamber FM's with dumps. Both setups sound very similar. Even though the car isn't loud I constantly get compliments on the exhaust sound after I come off the track.

I thought the Mac's were supposed to be louder than the FM's, but they aren't.

IMO volume of sound isn't as important as quality. But to each his own.

paintballpyro1

Established Member
Thats just about the same set-up i have(hooker longtubes, matching x and flows) I will agree it is quite. I have a side exhaust set-up i use to run without mufflers(before longtubes) and it was loud. Im actually just about to go outside now and take the mufflers off and run the side exhaust to see how it sounds and whatnot.

393Bird

Seniors Gone Wild
Established Member
Dynomax Race Bullets. They are as close to straight pipes as you can get, they are light weight, and cheap.

sam92lx

SVTP Style Consultant.
Established Member
If your running dumps, go with MAC.

Here is a set of bassani mufflers.
th_100_0568.jpg

gambit90lx

Established Member
mufflers

i used to have dumps but went back to pipes since i got tired of the exhaust pounding off the ground and coming back into the car...not for sure what chamber flowmaster i have(i get comments all the time about nice it sounds but to me it doesnt sound loud to me) maybe i am just used to it...

gomach1

5.0hh
Established Member
i had 2 chambers with dumps and it was really loud, but it was very drowny/raspy
i just put tailpipes on 2 days ago, and sounds good and is fairly loud, not like it use to be but it sounds good, with longtubes though you should be good

FranticFocus05

Established Member
Just a little 302 with a B-303 cam in it running Mac longtubes, mac prochamber, and mack mufflers dumped.

Car isnt to loud when inside but I do get a ton of people looking and telling me the car sounds great at idle and when driving around. Coming home from the track last weekend I had to turn the car off the guy at Wendys couldnt hear me and I couldnt hear him.

9103stang

Established Member
you should check into spin tech pro streets. im running them on my 5.0 with shorty headers and a off road h pipe. it pretty damn loud and they sound great with a cam.

The Foe Hammer

Established Member
Best sounding for Foxes are Flows or Macs. They are not going to be like the loud 4.6s, where you have Xpipes with SLPs and Bassanis. The pushrod is going to give you a deep rumble sound over a high pitch 4.6 sound....The nature of the beast.

03'Darin

Established Member
Best sounding for Foxes are Flows or Macs. They are not going to be like the loud 4.6s, where you have Xpipes with SLPs and Bassanis. The pushrod is going to give you a deep rumble sound over a high pitch 4.6 sound....The nature of the beast.

Very true. Far as I'm concerned you just can't beat the sound of a 5.0/5.8 with Mac's or FM's. Hence the statement in my my post about quality of sound and not volume.

sam92lx

SVTP Style Consultant.
Established Member
If your running tail pipes Flowmaster's handsdown!!

Ace5Oh

Established Member
I have Magnaflows on right now and its not really that loud on idle. I can hear it open up while I go wide open throttle. I'll try and get a sound clip.

Shorty Headers, Off Road X with Magnaflows.

Users who are viewing this thread