Muffler Recommendations???

Apicia

Established Member
I want to keep the car somewhat stock in appearance, but the stock mufflers are very quiet. Typically, I put a Magnaflow catback on all of my Mustangs, but the SN95 does not look good with large tail pipes. I am looking for suggestions on mufflers that can be welded in, but retain the existing tail pipes.

Any suggestions?

1BD9D7

Rollin down the road in..
Established Member
I used to want the huge tips when I had my first cobra, but soon realized I do not like that look either. I have dynomax welded mufflers in place of the factory mufflers, kept the factory cobra tips. I would think any offset mufflers could work, flowmaster 40 series sound perfect on these cars IMO, if you don't mind it being a little loud (especially with o/r h)

Fox 5.0

Established Member
Anyone ever hear stock exhaust with just pipe replacing the mufflers? Basically a muffler delete but with tailpipes. Sound like shit probably?

Apicia

Established Member
I used to want the huge tips when I had my first cobra, but soon realized I do not like that look either. I have dynomax welded mufflers in place of the factory mufflers, kept the factory cobra tips. I would think any offset mufflers could work, flowmaster 40 series sound perfect on these cars IMO, if you don't mind it being a little loud (especially with o/r h)

You remember the in/out size of the muffler I would need? Where are the in/out on the stock mufflers?

whyxitx

Established Member
UPR O/R X pipe , Magnaflow Magnapacks + Tips = Sex!

th_MVI_1722_zps4b61dc34.jpg

th_AshleyExhaust_zpsf6bb37c1.jpg

Last edited:

98SteedaKaz

Established Member
I was lucky when it came time to replace my mufflers. I got my hands on NOS Steeda ultra flows. Which are just Steeda badged borla's. With a off road H pipe it has the deep rumble and great sound through the power band without the bad cackling or popping when letting off.

mystickb1996

Established Member
Those megapacks sounds good, and I'm not sure how ppl like the Mac's I have the Mac dumps on my 96 and def not liking the sound to much it's with a off rd x and long tubes.. But I do like dumps because I hate how tips look on 96-98 cobra because there's no cut outs in the rear bumper for them, looks clean with none IMO....

1hot281

Established Member
Last edited:

1hot281

Established Member
This is for the 5.0. Can this be fitted on a 1996 Cobra?

Yes it can fit. 94/95 SN95 and 96/97 SN95 use very similar cat back systems. Other companies, like Flowmaster, sell their SN95 cat backs with fitment stated as 94-97 GT/Cobra. 98 has a different hanger setup.

Example:
http://www.jegs.com/i/Flowmaster/389/17212/10002/-1

If there are any difficulties at all, any exhaust shop could easily make it work. Hanger placement and flow tube fitment would be the only things that may or may not line up perfect.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread