Muffler Question

03BlkCobra1

Established Member
I'm going to be getting a new muffler soon. My question would be on the flowmasters since I can get that fairly cheap what series muffler would I want to go with for the loudest and deepest sound. Going to be staying with the one muffler setup with duel in and duel out. My question is would the 40 or 50 series be the best way to go to get the sound I'm looking for? Also would changing the muffler do that much more or would I benefit that much more from changing the full cat-back? Also I will probably be taking the cats off if that matters and will that affect the performance negativly?

nastynivek

Nov. 10, 1775
Established Member
I have the dual in/dual out Magnaflow muffler with the built in crossover. Love it.

Also, I'm running Bassani mid pipes with highflow cats. Sounds awesome. Nice, deep growl w/o being obnoxious. Can't wait to get longtubes installed with this set-up someday.

03BlkCobra1

Established Member
looking for something really deep and rediculously loud.. lol I want to wake up the neighbors like my mustang did without dropping 900 buxs.. also who all makes a o/r xpipe for these trucks?

RedBeast01

Established Member
My truck is pretty dang loud and I have magnaflow muffler and had the cats taken off. Its really loud. I love it. Just straight pipe and a magnaflow muffler. I really love cruisin by a resturant and just scaring the hell out of people. Its fun.

Buddy17

Avid SVTP(er)
Established Member
is there any place with some sound clips of different set ups on the lightning's?? Also, with my experience with flowmasters on other vehicled, the 40 series is the one to get. 50 series is a more quiet muffler. My cousin has the racing series flowmaster mufflers (i think they used to be called 30 series) with gutted cats on his z71, and for a chibby, it sounds damn good.

britincali

Established Member
I had the flowmaster 40 dual in/out before and just pulled it, the weird jet sound at WOT was getting old.
Heres a soundclip of my 02 harley, 4lb lower 2.93 upper, dyno tune, K+N etc..

100_1045.jpg

Bassani hi flow cat pipes,magnaflow SS 2.5" X pipe, dual 14" magnaflow race bullet mufflers and 4" tips.

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v681/britincali/?action=view&current=100_1046.flv

Its louder in real life.....

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread