muffler offset question?? center/offset??

jmackinn01

Established Member
Yes I did search but i couldnt find a specific answer to my question. I know the stock muffler is offset in/out, but recently I had some pypes violators shippped to my house and they are offset/center. i was wondering if this would work on my 03 gt. Im having a friend weld them in and I dont want him to cut the stock exhaust just to find out that they wont fit correctly. A quick answer would be nice
..thanks!

WHITE2000GT

Established Member
I had a similar problem with my 95 gt...i wanted to use dynomax bullet mufflers (round, straight through muffler) but they don't make a catback for the 94-95 gt's with that muffler. I wanted everything to bolt up and not be welded in, just in case i had to remove it. I ended up using a hedman header extensions. They had the same offset as the stock muffler so it would line up perfectly with the tailpipes.

You might could look into something like this. I'm not sure what offset you would have to have to make it work, but this should help you out and get you going in the right direction. See link below...

Hedman Hedders - Universal Fit X-Tensions

But to answer your question, it may or may not work depending on the dimensions of the muffler itself and the room you have on the underside of the car for muffler clearance.

jmackinn01

Established Member
thanks for the info....Those look almost like the exact thing i need to hook up the muffler to the xpipe....I just needed a little s bend to get to the center inlet....the outlet side is offset so it should line right up....ill give them a shot and see what happens..there only 25 bucks haha

WHITE2000GT

Established Member
thanks for the info....Those look almost like the exact thing i need to hook up the muffler to the xpipe....I just needed a little s bend to get to the center inlet....the outlet side is offset so it should line right up....ill give them a shot and see what happens..there only 25 bucks haha

You will need to buy some flanges to bolt them to the xpipe...i think i got mine from summit for about 8 bucks a piece (i think), but they were made by dynomax. They look just like the stock flow tube flanges, but will slide over the hedman header extensions...here are some pics before installed, but layed out exactly how it went on the car. I don't have any install pics.

1000663c.jpg

1000673b.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread