Muffler delete question

LEADfoot927

Established Member
I am considering getting a muffler delete for my stock 2011 GT500. I have read when one gets headers they will loose boost due to decreased backpressure. Will I experience this on my otherwise stock car with muffler delete only? Thanks

Kevin P

Established Member
I am not going to try to go into the physics behind your question, but its likely you will have lower boost levels but make more power.

You will also have a car that is loud as hell, and sounds like shit, in my opinion.

Booky

Who's Pick'n The Banjo Here?
Established Member
I am considering getting a muffler delete for my stock 2011 GT500. I have read when one gets headers they will loose boost due to decreased backpressure. Will I experience this on my otherwise stock car with muffler delete only? Thanks

I have had the Pypes Pype Bomb muffler deletes for 30k miles and did not lose any boost or had any problems with them. I actually love the way they sound:

[youtube_browser]J7s1eh3t0NY[/youtube_browser]

Mainn

Established Member
With stock blower and boost you won't lose much when installing headers, maybe 0.5-1psi. As Kevin P said though, you WILL make some extra power. And be loud as hell with muffler deletes. :)

EDIT: Oops, was on my cell and didn't read your question properly at all. My bad. Axlebacks (this includes muffler deletes) is purely for sound most of the time; you won't lose any boost or pick up any power with them installed over the stock mufflers.

Last edited:

Black Cobra '99

Established Member
I have the MagnaFlow muffler delete on my 09 and I absolutely love them. They sound exactly like what you hear on videos, there are a couple vids on youtube check them out.
The only downside is drone, its pretty bad between 1-2K RPM. I'm working on that with sound deading material and we'll see how it plays out.
Sound is perfect, not too loud and not too quiet.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread