muffler delete and turbos=different sound! video inside

sgt d

tejas mile!!!!!!!!
Established Member
well after riding around last week with a buddy that has his ford gt done with a compound kit i decided to do for the delete. it is a bit loud but oddly enough is much quitter than the 5gt's at 2k also without any drone:beer:

the turbos are definitely evident now. the sound of the car when i get on it is just mean, not sure if they will stay on there but it is fun for now. i may be looking at having a 3" system done from the turbos back in the future:shrug: just afraid the sound will not be right and i am out several bucks! let me know what ya'll think.

this is the 5gt's at idle from before
[ame=http://s263.photobucket.com/albums/ii149/sgtdraughn/?action=view&current=5gtbefore.flv]
th_5gtbefore.gif
[/ame]

here are the deletes, i would have gotten more but the weather was crap.
[ame=http://s263.photobucket.com/albums/ii149/sgtdraughn/?action=view&current=delete1.flv]
th_delete1.gif
[/ame]

[ame=http://s263.photobucket.com/albums/ii149/sgtdraughn/?action=view&current=delete3.flv]
th_delete3.gif
[/ame]

[ame=http://s263.photobucket.com/albums/ii149/sgtdraughn/?action=view&current=delete2.flv]
th_delete2.gif
[/ame]

sgt d

tejas mile!!!!!!!!
Established Member
the video does not do it justice. i already get strange looks from the other noises it makes but now, about 30 minutes of driving doubled the looks..lol.. i do love these cars:beer:

sharke

Established Member
the video does not do it justice. i already get strange looks from the other noises it makes but now, about 30 minutes of driving doubled the looks..lol.. i do love these cars:beer:

That is probably because its sounds like you are driving a muscle car space ship. I would definitely double take.

sgt d

tejas mile!!!!!!!!
Established Member
That is probably because its sounds like you are driving a muscle car space ship. I would definitely double take.

lmao, did not think of it like that!

as for the rain, eh, i really wanted to get these on today.

Last edited:

sgt d

tejas mile!!!!!!!!
Established Member
also forgot to add, i had these made for $80 at a local shop. the tips are 4" rolled and i had him actually turn them a hair to contour the body line while at the same time bringing them in closer to the bumper. the pictures are kind of hard to make it out, you just have to see them but i do believe it looks much better than the standard position.

the tip quality is not the best but they will work for now.

Picture275.gif

Picture276.gif

Picture274.gif

Last edited:

01SaleenS281

01-459
Established Member
That shit sounds wicked in person James!!! To be able to hear the turbo spool through the exhaust with even the slightest touch of the throttle is absolutely awesome!!! Muffler delete + Hellion Hellraiser GT500 = The Sickness!!! :rockon:

EX1

Established Member
holy crap that sounds crazy!

On a side note, do you ever attend any of the TX2k Supra Nationals stuff? Me and some friends took our cobras down their last year and will be going back for TX2k10. Would love to see your car in person.

sgt d

tejas mile!!!!!!!!
Established Member
holy crap that sounds crazy!

On a side note, do you ever attend any of the TX2k Supra Nationals stuff? Me and some friends took our cobras down their last year and will be going back for TX2k10. Would love to see your car in person.

not sure i know that one but let me know and if i am in the country i will swing out:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread