muffler comparison

fstr03svtcobra

Established Member
I'm going to be running longtubes, 3 in offroad h, and 3 inch aftercat on a built kb 2v gt. What is the sound difference between magnaflow mufflers, mac mufflers, flowmaster original 40 series, and bassani? Correct me if I'm wrong, but as far as loudness goes mac>bassani>flowmaster>magnaflow. But how much of a difference is there between the noise level? Is it night and day, or is it just small? I've heard tons of videos but I just cannot tell the noise level. Just need some people who have heard lost of cars. Thanks in advance :beer:

FastNick01

Established Member
Have flows on my car they sound great, in terms of loud id rate them a 7.5 out of 10 with an ORX.

Heard a Whippled cobra with Magnaflow and catted X and would say it was about a 4 out of 10 car was not loud at all.

Since you have LT's and ORH I think the Mac/bassani would be way to loud for your liking. In my opinion

Last edited:

whiplash306

Established Member
MAC's ONLY offering for a 3" catback is the durablack coated kit with stainless tips. Otherwise, if you want a stainless kit through MAC, you have to go 2.5". I've actually spoken with MAC directly reference this. You can however get the MAC mufflers with 3" in/outs..... I'll be cutting out my 3" Bassani mufflers and welding in place 3" MAC stainless mufflers as I literally can not STAND the Bassani sound.

MAC is a very old-school, sorta hollow sounding muscle'ish sound.....very aggressive! Magnaflow....ehhh... Guess, as usual, it all depends on personal preference. Do yourself a favor and look on YouTube as I can guarantee there's no shortage of vids for your viewing pleasure! :)

Users who are viewing this thread