Muffler advice

langod

Cobra: The Anti-hybrid
Established Member
Have a 1990 GT. Has aftermarket headers (not sure what kind), a MAC ( I think) H-pipe with hollowed cats and Flowmaster mufflers.
I'm not happy with the exhaust sound. At idle it sounds nice -- wub, wub, wub, wub.
But at any more than low throttle it just turns into kind of a loud low-pitched moan, more like a typical 70s-80s V8 luxury car. It doesn't have that distinctive 5.0 aggressive exhaust note. It's reasonably loud because of the hollowed cats, but not "nice".
I think just replacing the Flowmasters with a different model will improve the sound, but I'm not sure. I don't know what model it has, though and don't want to buy the same ones.

This is a pic of the type of Flowmaster that's on it. Any one able to identify the model? Or have advice for better exhaust note? I don't want to do the whole system, or even a cat-back if I don't have to.
flowmaster.jpg

Last edited:

Dig Race

Established Member
I got spintech super pro street 9000s.... Couldn't be more happy. Love the sound and you don't see as many people with them. Best part they flow more then everybody else. Check them out, few nice sound clips on YouTube too.

Users who are viewing this thread