MT's article, Ford future blurbs

KevinB120

COOKIES!
Established Member
The article fromthe March MT on the GR-1 has some interesting blurbs about some of the future Ford hot-rods!

Obviously the GR-1 sharing a lot of GT parts makes it make sense to build, there are a few refferences that really make it highly possible. In all reality it helps recoup the costs of developing the GT to continue using the architecture in future vehicles. Its not like they wouldn't sell...They need to get this going though before DCX coppies another Ford idea with the firepower, the quick 427 clone change of design made the 300 a winner.

There is a nice blurb about the Hurricane in its 7.0L form and possible 600hp/500ft.lbs. If anyone is not horney about this engine and thinks the 5.4 has the long-term future they're nuts. Imagine 20lbs of boost at that thing.

But I like the Mustang blurb the best...

As for Shelby from J Mays himself: " We've made the announcement that we have a relationship with Carroll, that we were going to put his name on a couple of products-and I'm sure you can guess what the other one might be..." :uh oh:

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
Kev, I thought the Hurricane was suppose to be between the regular f150 and lightning type of model?

KevinB120

COOKIES!
Established Member
It will be more compact then the 5.4. There just isnt enough metal in that block. There is plenty of room in the mustang, crown vic replacement, or any vehicle that fits a 4.6/5.4. There is this illusion that it needs to be that much bigger in physical size to make more displacement. The 5.4 is actually small in footprint, but incredibly tall which is terrible for anything that CG matters(or physical height). Think of it like a small block chevy that gets 283-400+ cubes from the same chunk of metal. The bigger displacement engines were actually a little lighter. Cubes do not reflect physical size. Short stroke, big bore with room to enlarge makes for a good engine. The 4.6 was a FWD motor, they had to 'glue' more motor on top to make the 5.4, and stuck two more cylinders on the frot for the V10(which is still ONLY 6.8L) they had nowhere to go.

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
I think I may have gotten my wires crossed somewhere. I thought the Hurrican was going to be a model (ie. Lariat, FX4, Lightning etc)? But the Hurricane is indeed an engine line such as Intech, Duratec etc?

Slow01Cobra

Established Member
KevinB120 said:
There is a nice blurb about the Hurricane in its 7.0L form and possible 600hp/500ft.lbs. If anyone is not horney about this engine and thinks the 5.4 has the long-term future they're nuts. Imagine 20lbs of boost at that thing.

uunngghh..... :pepper: :banana: :pepper:

Slow01Cobra

Established Member
RTStabler51 said:
I think I may have gotten my wires crossed somewhere. I thought the Hurrican was going to be a model (ie. Lariat, FX4, Lightning etc)? But the Hurricane is indeed an engine line such as Intech, Duratec etc?

Yeah the hurricane is just the name of the engine itself.

What other possible shelby models are there? You make it sound obvious, but I don't know that much about shelbys. :shrug: Or were they simply referring to the next cobra?

Last edited:

KevinB120

COOKIES!
Established Member
RTStabler51 said:

Hurricane WAS a concept truck for 2004, a hopped up F150 for the mobility program. It has all kinds of handicap enhancements including a 4 wheeler that could be loaded/unloaded and fully accessable to someone in a wheelchair

Last edited:

KevinB120

COOKIES!
Established Member
Slow01Cobra said:
Yeah the hurricane is just the name of the engine itself.

What other possible shelby models are there? You make it sound obvious, but I don't know that much about shelbys. :shrug: Or were they simply referring to the next cobra?

It was the Shelby GR-1 concept with a refference from J Mays himself, not some 'insider' all but confirming the Mustang Shelby. The 'news' article about it in the front of the magazine is mostly all speculation, a lot of it doesn't make production sense.

Users who are viewing this thread