MT ET drag questions at track

ssblubyyou

Established Member
Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this... feel free to move it.

I’m getting ready to take my Whipple cobra to the 1/8th in a couple of weeks. I just got my MT ET Drag 28x10.50 15” stiff walls mounted up on Weld V-series bead locks and skinnies. My car makes 670-680hp on E-85, upgraded 26 spline input shaft, spec III, SRA with 3:73’s, 2-step and line lock. First time I’ve had this car to the track and my first time out on full slicks/skinnies. I’m looking for advice/ concerns on what I should expect with bias ply tires. I hear stories about how they sway and I don’t want to plant it in the wall. I was thinking leaving at 4500-5000? Or should I make a couple of easier passes first? I usually just race on Et street s/s tires. I just don’t want to look like a dumb**s out there. Everything I read makes driving on bias ply tires seem so sketchy?!?! Any advice greatly appreciated.

apex svt

MEAN STREAK
Established Member
I’ve never had mine on the track yet but I’ve ran them to over 100 on the street. Guessing you won’t be trapping much higher than that in the 1/8th. You will be fine.

ssblubyyou

Established Member
Thanks.... I don’t see how it could be that bad. Everyone else does it without issues. Guess I will find out on the 20th.

whitedevil95

@the03cobro
Established Member
Bias Ply all around will be no problem. I rarely get any sway except the last time out when I aired them down too much. I can tell you this, They are gonna hook hard.

ssblubyyou

Established Member
I hope they hook hard!!!! Going to see how it’s does on the 20th. Has UPR upper/ lower arms, welded torque boxes, welded axle tubes, 31 spline axles, Detroit truetrac. I think the rear is safe. I will be ditching the lowering springs, shocks, k member over the winter for more drag oriented setup.

What’s the chances of my car pulling the front wheel off the ground the way it is now.... even just the slightest? I’ve always wanted to be able to pull the wheels up on launch just for the cool factor one time lol. I truely care about running low e.t.’s though.

roy_1031

roy1031
Established Member
Bias Ply all around will be no problem. I rarely get any sway except the last time out when I aired them down too much. I can tell you this, They are gonna hook hard.

Tell him what you did to your 31 spline axles and you haven’t even pulled the wheels yet...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Users who are viewing this thread